How much will the new managers transfer war chest be?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Well we were going to send £1.2 million on Grabban. I assume that and maybe a little from saved wages. If Ulloa goes for say 7 million then i should think the manager may get half of it. 4.5 tops. if not a million and a few freebies, loans and a few more youth players coming through

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well we were going to send £1.2 million on Grabban. I assume that and maybe a little from saved wages. If Ulloa goes for say 7 million then i should think the manager may get half of it. 4.5 tops. if not a million and a few freebies, loans and a few more youth players coming through

We were going to spend that money on Grabban before we were reluctantly forced into selling Bridcutt. I'm going for an optimistic 3.5m plus any money we make from summer transfers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we knew the exact figure how would that help us because we still dont know what kind of wage transfer targets will expect plus of course the current players that we have .

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Whatever has been budgeted at the start of the fiscal year. Nothing more nothing less.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
It will be:

(Bridcutt's full fee including the add on for PL staying up + Ulloa fee + Barnes fee - Stephens fee) less an 80% TB/Burke reduction for trying to be good boys on FFP & cover trading losses with asset sale proceeds = not a great deal

Similarly the available wages budget compared to the staff as at c. April 2013 should be colossal, as comparing then to post-selling Ulloa, we will be no longer paying:

Bridcutt
Barnes
Lopez
Ulloa
Brezovan
ElAbd
Hoskins
Hammond
Painter
Vicente
Upson
Bridge
Orlandi
Dicker
Harley
Kuszchak

Leaving a massive saving, enabling some fantastic players to be acquired ???

Winner of optimistic - but most unrealistic - post of the year :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports