Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much will Mr Bloom spend in the summer transfer window?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Sadly this isn't even remotely true. In this age of almost "perfect knowledge" in the transfer market (A Level Economics...) it is definitely money that talks.

I think money can remove some of the risk, but clearly you can get some very good players for very reasonable amounts, and you can get what turn out to be very crap players for a lot of money (who may have been very successful elsewhere). I think that the unfortunate truth is that there is no secret model that allows you to identify these cheap gems. There will be so many variables that determine why a player is successful in a particular team in a particular country. All you can say with certainty is that they are good at that time.

Sancho will eventually move from Germany and might be absolute shite. Perhaps he’ll be adversely impacted by the people around him, the coach, the playing style in his new club, or the league - who knows, but it is far from certain he’ll be a definite hit, despite the eye watering amount he’ll eventually go for

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The only big value signings to have dissapointed have been Ali J and Locadia really, haven't they?

They will probably be involved in swap plus cash deals for two upgrades from the Dutch league. Anyone have any names we could move for with Locadia and Ali 10million each going for part EXCHANGE?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I don’t want to be that guy, but...

TB literally made his money from gambling, so in fact that is exactly what he does.
He gambles solely on football matches, so he does indeed deal in uncertainty!

Sorry/not sorry
:angel:

He makes his money on small margins in football odds - they are his certainties, or as near as damn it.
Owning a club and investing in it won’t give him the same level of certainty. If fact he’s probably on a hiding to nothing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He makes his money on small margins in football odds - they are his certainties, or as near as damn it.
Owning a club and investing in it won’t give him the same level of certainty. If fact he’s probably on a hiding to nothing.

He doesn’t see owning the Albion as a money-making opportunity, he knows he’s on a hiding to nothing. Luckily he loves the club and can afford to indulge in his hobby. Lucky, lucky us.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Somewhere between 60-75 million.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I expect it'll be around the same as the previous windows, maybe a bit more to sign a goalscorer. This isn't Bloom's own money, it comes from the broadcasters.

In the first premier league season Bloom lent the club another £32m to pay for players and new infrastructure.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
One of the squad , who signed for the club on a free transfer is very clear about this....
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17625975.gaetan-bong-summer-recruitment-isnt-all-about-big-money/

“This year, I played a lot of games and I helped this team stay again in the Premier League. You can say what you want.
“Some of the teams spent a lot of millions to sign players but they go down. That’s why I say money means nothing.
“The type of footballer or what you are like means nothing.
“The most important is what you are doing when you are on the pitch. Everyone needs to do the things right.”

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Therefore obvious players are Reece James, Jarrod Bowen etc...
As for the striker only one man really fits the Bill...MITROVIC..

Although on 20 April "Mitrovic converted from the spot eight minutes into the second period to end a nine-match goal drought dating back to January".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here