Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much ticket demand was influenced by Manure

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
I can understand the unhappy people in that you can usually pick up tickets for most games (except the big 6) with purchase history alone.

The cynic in me (or maybe I’m stating the obvious) says that great deal of ticket demand has been driven by Manure fans with Brighton as a second team. Maybe I’m wrong but any thoughts?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
No I don't think it has any relevance.

We've been shifting a lot more tickets this season and London away games have sold out quickly to Tier1/ 2.
There's been a big influx of tourists over the past couple of years too.
So the idea we can sell out an Amex + 10% sized allocation isn't that surprising.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can understand the unhappy people in that you can usually pick up tickets for most games (except the big 6) with purchase history alone.

The cynic in me (or maybe I’m stating the obvious) says that great deal of ticket demand has been driven by Manure fans with Brighton as a second team. Maybe I’m wrong but any thoughts?
No, ticket demand has been driven by the club as a whole, the team (and indirectly, the stadium) being quite GOOD.

You can see this when trying to buy tickets at the Amex. The next match with tickets readily available is Everton, weeks away. Even then, there are only a few blocks where you can buy a pair. Good luck with finding a pair of tickets at the Amex for any game where kick off is a month away or less.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Number of factors combined:

We’ve organically gained more fans in the last 4 seasons just by being an established PL team.

We’re playing high-scoring football and our games are generally very entertaining (last time our tactics were necessarily negative).

We’re having a great season and there’s a realistic chance of winning the semi this time.

Tourist factor for fans of our international players, particularly the Japanese.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
No, ticket demand has been driven by the club as a whole, the team (and indirectly, the stadium) being quite GOOD.

You can see this when trying to buy tickets at the Amex. The next match with tickets readily available is Everton, weeks away. Even then, there are only a few blocks where you can buy a pair. Good luck with finding a pair of tickets at the Amex for any game where kick off is a month away or less.
This. We have 24,000 season ticket holders and a chance of winning an FA Cup Semi Final ffs. We're not at the Withdean any more.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Edited because my last response sounded mean (unintentionally)

I think we sold out because of having enough fans interested in going rather than infiltration by second team Brighton supporters, I’m sure they do exist but not to any great number.

Last edited:

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

We sold out as we are a very good football team that has a real chance of getting into the FA Cup Final this year! Nothing to do with Man Utd plastics!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I'd say you're entirely wrong.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

The demand is there because our support is growing. You might get people who kind of support Brighton and kind of support a London club, but saying the demand is driven by people who are half Brighton half United is wide of the mark I’d say. That specific niche supporter (which I can’t see there being too many of) is too small to have made any real difference.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I've been supporting the Albion for 44 years purely waiting to get to see Man Utd at Wembley ! My plan paid off !!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I should really see if I can dig out some photos of you as a 9 year old wearing your Man Utd shirt.
I'm sure I could do the same with you wearing cardigans in your 20's

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here