Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Much of the World Have You Seen?

How many countries have you spent more than 24 hours in?

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-5

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • 6-10

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • 11-15

Votes: 27 23.1%
  • 16-20

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • 20+

Votes: 50 42.7%

• Total voters

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Sitting by the pool in Zambia today takes me into the 50s of countries visited, off to Botswana tomorrow :)

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I have visited over 75 countries. I did take a couple of years off work to go travelling. Best thing I ever did. Going back to work was a bit of a shock to the system though.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
13:

UK
France
Spain
Germany
Italy
Belgium
Netherlands
Finland
Poland
Latvia
USA
Rwanda
Kenya

Now I'm sat at work, looking out the window at the sunny day, and really wishing I was on holiday...

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
France
Belgium
Spain
Germany
Italy
Ireland
Cyprus (Turkish)
Malta
Czech Rep
USA
Dominican Rep

11 - but all holidays, no business trips.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
There used to be a map where you clicked on all the countries you visited and there were more filled in than not..... last count more than 60 that Ive spent more than one day in. The funny thing is that the big empty space that I haven't been to is Africa (not including Maghreb).

Agree with hans though.... Ive seen nothing..... mostly work and mostly in cities.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Controversial - UK counts as 1 entity, so no individual scoring for England/Wales/Scotland/NI.

Also, I imagine there may be two or twenty people on this forum that will need reminding, Airport stops DO NOT COUNT.
I spent 6 hours in Bahrain airport but that doesn't mean I've seen any of the country.

Of course you didnt leave the airport , you were in the raf regiment , youd have got a nosebleed going outside the wire :lolol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
There used to be a map where you clicked on all the countries you visited and there were more filled in than not..... last count more than 60 that Ive spent more than one day in. The funny thing is that the big empty space that I haven't been to is Africa (not including Maghreb).

Agree with hans though.... Ive seen nothing..... mostly work and mostly in cities.

There is a free app called 'been' you can do this, im on 19% of the world so far :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Only 12 for me. I must admit, though, I do love exploring our own beautiful and endlessly fascinating country. Give me a map and I'll be walking off into the hills looking for a welcoming local hostelry. Still so much of the UK to discover that although I enjoy travelling I don't particularly feel I'm missing out not having been to Australia or wherever. Sometimes it seems like a lot of hassle! That said, a mate has just come back from Brazil having been there for seven weeks for the World Cup and has made me insanely jealous with tales of his adventures.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Spent at least one night in about 70 countries, if you discount places like the Vatican, Andorra, Monaco and Liechtenstein, all of which I was in for less than a day.

Still a lot of places to see yet. Seventy is barely scratching the surface.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
20+ plus for me, as a rough count.

I tend to look a continents too, so haven't made it to South America or Australisia yet

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
There is a free app called 'been' you can do this, im on 19% of the world so far :)

Thanks for the shout, I'll look into this. :thumbsup:

I've currently spent time in 10 countries so far (11 if UK is counted).

Australia
France
Greece
New Zealand
Portugal
Spain
Thailand
Tunisia
USA
Vietnam

The above all for holiday etc.

There are a couple of others which I'd list but don't really count as having really seen. Unless you (I?) count copious amounts of sand combined with the stench of sewage.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Just the 18 at present, looking at next year does Antarctica count as a Country?

Go to the Pole and run around in a circle* and you'll get all the countries that have made claims there, if you're missing any (Aus/NZ/Norway/Chile/Argies/France as well as the UK I think)

*yes, I realise that's not particularly practical

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Egypt
Spain
USA
England, of course.

I've spent a crap ton of time in the US though, spent significant time in pretty much every state east of Chicago, great country.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
15 for me, all of these countries on own accord.
England, Wales, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Singapore, Usa, France, Belgium, Czech republic, Greece, Spain, Gibraltor, Hungary.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
As a guess 11-15, would need to count them out to do properly.

Edit: Thinking logically I traveled arouind and visited 4 countries on one holiday once, (SE Asia) so will likley be in 20+

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here