Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much of the match day programme do you actually read?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I read most of it.

When they do the stat page properly that is my favourite page. But lately there has been programmes that only have one stat; the attendances.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I tend to read it all of we've won, but find I have no interest in reading it if we've lost.

I am totally aware that there is really no logic in this.

Funnily enough I keep them stacked by season with the biggest wins at the top to the heaviest losses at the bottom (while not the biggest, the play-off semi's programme went straight to the bottom) and in the event of identical scores the more enjoyable game will be placed higher. Very sad and pedantic I'll admit.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Only kidding :thumbsup: If I wanted a photo of the team I'd go for some off the official site or cut out of the Argus rather than the garish nightmares in the programme!

Bless young Tobes. But I wonder how many people were traumatised to see Toby Agdestein's acne problem in close up when he was cover star in the programme in the first season at the Amex.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I read it cover to cover but never on a match day. I either read it while I'm smashing a kebab in to my face when I get home or on the lav the next morning cleansing myself of aforementioned kebab. Exactly the same goes for TSLR (which is a cracking read especially last months)

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
What's this about the Albion Roar from previous threads? Is it like an unofficial BHA match programme, and is that worth buying instead? Just curious is all.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I don't get to many games so usually buy one, especially away games. If I had a season ticket I doubt I would though.

Digital copy of tslr is great. Look forward to it appearing every month and is a much more enjoyable read.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I pick out the interesting bits, but that varies on my mood and the content of the program. Probably around %30-40 of it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I don't get to many games so usually buy one, especially away games. If I had a season ticket I doubt I would though.

Digital copy of tslr is great. Look forward to it appearing every month and is a much more enjoyable read.

Amazing how the club programme can't sustain a digital edition and yet the rather brilliant TSLR can...

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Always buy TSLR which is a bargain at a pound. I stopped buying the programme at the start of last season to save eighty odd quid which equates to travel to a couple or three away matches

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Most of it , unless it clashes with TSLR coming out - then I tend to read TSLR , a bit on the team coming down here and Hineys piece :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Tend to read it, over a period of a couple of days, cover to cover with the exception of the kids section. Normally ends up in the rack by the bog. The missus has her copy beside the bed for a week or so , depends on how lush the centrefold is.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Haven't bought one for two years. They get in the way of the beer drinking before the game and afterwards quite frankly I haven't time to read it!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I used to get them religiously in my teens which was a long time ago, now I cant be bothered its just the same old shit rehashed although it is good fun looking back at the old eighties ones.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Too expensive. Interesting to know how many they shift per match because no one around us ever seems to have one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Too expensive. Interesting to know how many they shift per match because no one around us ever seems to have one.

I've heard it's approx 4000.

Following Hans Kray's logic, I only buy a programme after a game that I've really enjoyed or is particularly memorable. They're sold in the shop, so maybe 3 or 4 a season. I read the vast majority of one when I do get it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here