Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much money would the club have made from hosting the 2 Rugby World Cup games?...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
None of these factors count. The organisers pay a flat fee to rent the facility - that is as far as the club's involvement goes.

Well perhaps not directly, but it is a fair enough assumption for the Albion to make that the matches would sell-out and that would in part formulate the fee that they would request

I don't really have a clue, just guessing like most others :)

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
There is no way on earth that hosting 2 games at the Brighton community stadium was not an earner.
I'm sure the club were paid a percentage of ticket sales,catering revenues I would have thought were retained.
I'm sure there were broadcasting revenues received.Advertising revenues.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
'Not a lot' as Paul Daniels would say.
However it is mainly about exposure.
I imagine American Express are the most pleased party, plenty of their adverts too in the ad breaks.

Yet American Expresses stadium link ie The Amex wasn't in play, I suppose that sponsorship is exclusive to the round ball game.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Yet American Expresses stadium link ie The Amex wasn't in play, I suppose that sponsorship is exclusive to the round ball game.

Yes I would think that Amex adverts during games were to balance up their LACK of exposure. The stadium had to be referred to as the Brighton Community Stadium for this RWC and all Amex related advertising inside covered up as one of the tournament main sponsors is MasterCard. So no earner there.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
There is no way on earth that hosting 2 games at the Brighton community stadium was not an earner.
I'm sure the club were paid a percentage of ticket sales,catering revenues I would have thought were retained.
I'm sure there were broadcasting revenues received.Advertising revenues.

To be so SURE on those things, you must know something the rest of us don't.

I guess that the club has earned a fee for the hire of the stadium, but I'd be amazed if we got a percentage of ticket sales, advertising and broadcasting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here