Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much money do we have to spend

ryans father

Jul 19, 2005
East Sheen SW14
Assuming we have 75k left from the coca cola money and assuming magee gets all of the harding money and 500k from the virgo transfer , I reckon we should have in the region of 1million to spend. Is that about right?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Depends totally on how much is used to repay our debts and the spiralling costs of Falmer.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
eeer Very little, we arent going to pay for players its as simple as that.

Blayneys small fee is a must as you cant mess around in the keeping dept. But i would very suprised if any of our other signings involved a fee, its simply not nessecary these days.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Marshy said:

Blayneys small fee is a must as you cant mess around in the keeping dept. But i would very suprised if any of our other signings involved a fee, its simply not nessecary these days.

If that is true, why have the likes of cardiff, Derby Palace Southampton etc splashed out on players?

i think that yes there are freebies around, but they come at a price, that price being age and talent.

You talk about the spiralling costs of falmer, but to be honest we have spent all the money on Falmer we are going to spend now and its a waiting game. The money we have got in in transfers etc has certainly filled the hole we were told existed, therefore I would have like to have thought that we could at least splash out about £500k on some decent players.

BTW THIS IS ALL ARCHERS FAULT REMEMBER

happy now?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
dave the gaffer said:
If that is true, why have the likes of cardiff, Derby Palace Southampton etc splashed out on players?

i think that yes there are freebies around, but they come at a price, that price being age and talent.

You talk about the spiralling costs of falmer, but to be honest we have spent all the money on Falmer we are going to spend now and its a waiting game. The money we have got in in transfers etc has certainly filled the hole we were told existed, therefore I would have like to have thought that we could at least splash out about £500k on some decent players.

BTW THIS IS ALL ARCHERS FAULT REMEMBER

happy now?

Well said Dave.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I reckon we'll get a couple of frees and maybe spend a niminel fee for a player at some point. I don't think we'll see much of the money to be honest + it does concern me + I can see there being quite an uproar about it if we struggle this year

I really hope Im wrong

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
All those sides have there own ground.......and get much larger crowds than us.

In total agreement with the Archer comment ofcourse, he screwed us and we will be forever stuffed until we get to Falmer

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
I would exspect us to spend a good 500k with all that money,lets not forget all this money is a major bonus and we never exspected this much.Time to start spending for once:smokin:

If we don't spend fast we are f***ed:lolol:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Guess work but MM said he was getting a " significant" amount from the Virgo sale which must mean 400k - 500k; the rest going to the bank manager and towards the club's runing costs. There was a little left over from Coca Cola kid plus the Harding cash so I reckon it must be close to around £600,000 - 700, 000 ??

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The transfer fee kitty surely must be over 1/2M now... we may have received a lot of money, but our squad has been significantly weakened in the process, especially in defence... the fans should show theit displeasure if none of the Virgs / Dan cash goes towards getting in some quality players, and that means fees being paid... I for one will NOT accept us just scraping the barrel in the current circumstances...

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Marshy said:
All the money he has been given will be for wages i think.
If that is the case thats a bloody joke,we should be buying players end of.Not to mention these players could be good assets for our future like ckr:angry:

All this money and we haven't spent a penny will be the biggest joke ever,we need a good 5 quality signings,the fans pay good money to watch and why hang around if we have crap served up thats a fact.:smokin:

The club have raked a fortune in recently and must invest in the playing side asap:rolleyes:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Marshy said:
All the money he has been given will be for wages i think.

Your expectations are far too low...

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Ipswich hasn't done too bad without paying money for a player for two or so years up until Currie. Now we have a bit of money we might be able to follow their example and get better players by offering higher wages than we are used to rather than splashing out huge lumps of cash on fees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here