Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much money do we have for players?

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
chemical brother said:
don't be sorry, it's a perfectly reasonable question

like I said, the best thing to do is to ring the club and ask to speak to martin perry

ask him how much is available for spending on new players and what the club's bank balance is so you can work out what the transfer budget is as a percentage

ask him what the alternatives to falmer are, when he expects a decision and what he's having for lunch as well

if he's not in ring the ticket office, you could also ask them where the car park is at withdean and how you can get apply for the away membership scheme

xx

D'you reckon he could point me in the right direction for a good quality GOSBTS polyphonic ring tone?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
It's a silly question anyway because even if you had a figure I very much doubt anyone actually knows how much it costs to employ a player, wages, bonuses, signing on fees, transfer fees etc.:jester:

But it is good to see BIANCA on her way to being the first female manager of a league team.

That's an interesting point. Would it be allowed to have a female manager?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BrightonBird said:
FFS you TURDS!!!!!!:jester:

I am sure when MM came in he said he had money for an extra player - but that cannot still be the case.

I think I need a drink:drink:

Save your money and go buy yourself a clue BIANCA.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I can't actually see that it was a stupid question in the first place. Surely BHA is run as a business and money has to be apportioned at the start of each financial year for the running costs of the club. The running costs would be known surely - ok they would differ from year to year but a projection of what percentage extra would be needed would be forecast before the end of the previous financial year. Each financial year you would have to calculate in an extra % for increased running costs. I cannot think that player/staff wages increase that dramatically from one year to the next - we seem to be surviving on short term loans at present, so additional wages cannot be too much extra. You would also have a fair idea of what money you have coming in - income from sponsorships, season ticket sales, kit sales, etc. I can see the point that we wouldn't want to advertise that we had X amount of money for fear of players wanting pay rises, increased transfer fees for players, but I cannot see why the whole thing has to be such a mystery. I think it was a reasonable question BB.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
no-one knows really as money is changing all the time and we rent a ground. it would help if we f***ing filled the ground as it seems there are too many glory supporters.
i think we should look positively and hope we can get some money - eg the millions for bobby (it was more than 1.5 mil - FACT and the money we apparently raised to buy sidwell) it's gotta be going somewhere

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
yeh he is

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
or maybe her brother - cant remember

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:salute: Dwayneker

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Asfar as i know not a lot! :( But remeber falmer will keep this club alive, yeah we may be shit at the minute, if we don't get falmer then (if the council and the residence let us) we gonna be a avarage second divison club. bbird this isn't a pop at you or anything but everyone has got to understand the running of a club, ecovert, falmer, players wages etc... it dosn't come to much conclusion that we haven't got much money, we never had we were lucky to win the championship twice, i love the albion don't get me wrong but face fact's we haven't got much to spend on the team and we be in the second divsion for a few years!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
... but we were told that MM had money for squad strengthening... ok, we have had some loans, but this isn't really what I was expecting... it's about time we got some permanent signings in... especially in the midfield IMHO...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here