Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much longer is Bridcutt out for?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Crofts proved the existence of a Bermuda Triangle on the Amex pitch yesterday.

I have to say I agree. id much rather see Solly march given a game in place of him. How that affects the set up of the team I don't really know. its also difficult when you have lots of injuries.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If anyone thinks we do not miss Bridcutt they don't understand football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is no way we haven't missed LB, all season.

We've missed LB marshaling the troops.
Protecting Greer and Upson, esp in the first couple of games.
Covering Calde's forward advises.

LB's absence has cost us points.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
The way I see it, we can cash in and we have a suitable replacement. Obviously it'll be nice to have him back but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he didnt. Can't believe I just said that :eek:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think that LB and either Crofts/Andrews/ Ince in midfield with Kemy as the attacking midfielder would work. Buckley keep starting on the LW is not working, the defences double up on him, keep him on his left foot for crosses, which are not good. Put Buckley back on the RW, with Orlandi on the left and KLL coming on mid second half if we need a bit of a lift.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree; we dont miss him as much as we did before Crofts stepped up, Andrews came in and Ince has shown his quality. All three can play the defensive midfield role.

Yes,It takes all 3 to cover Liam BRIDCUTT. When he is back and playing as we know he can that will free up both Andrews and Crofts to get forward and offer more of a goal threat.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think I read somewhere he'll be back in time for Reading which is very, very good news

At the Derby game it was said he would be out for 4 weeks...so hopefully around that time. He may be ' benched for those two big away games and then ready to start v Bolton.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Did the pre-season make his injury worse?

I'm only asking, as all the reports of the pre-season matches, seemed Bridcutt had a mare, and was struggling to string passes together??

He played with this problem for most of the run-in. The club delayed an operation because of his value to the team. He clearly wasn't right in pre-season and was nursing himself through games. In the opening game v Leeds it went again, hence an immediate hernia op.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
If anyone thinks we do not miss Bridcutt they don't understand football.

Correct. The best holding midfielder in the Championship by a country mile. Every team we play against respect, rate and covet him. Player of the year at BHA for last two seasons.
FFS..." we won't miss him ".....it makes you despair of some our fans....he is our best and most important player.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Crofts proved the existence of a Bermuda Triangle on the Amex pitch yesterday.

Crofts had a good game yesterday. Trying actually watching rather than listening to the popular kids.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think that LB and either Crofts/Andrews/ Ince in midfield with Kemy as the attacking midfielder would work. Buckley keep starting on the LW is not working, the defences double up on him, keep him on his left foot for crosses, which are not good. Put Buckley back on the RW, with Orlandi on the left and KLL coming on mid second half if we need a bit of a lift.

Bloody right Buckley on the left wing is not working. In fact, Buckley on either wing is not working. He has been worked out and teams are not going to be fooled by this ' one-trick ' push and go technique. He is surviving on one decent game in 7-8 and yesterdays performance was below par again. The scuffed mis-kick, six yards out, unmarked, was bad enough but the appalling dive that immediately followed was immature and embarrassing.
I see no improvement in Buckley in two years. He hasn't trained on and poses far less of a threat than KLL. Nothing would please me more than for us to get Noone back from Cardiff and offload Buckley. The trouble with that is finding someone to take him.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
The team function a whole lot better with Bridcutt in the side , you cant argue with that , but its comforting to know we can still compete without him in the team , Young Ince has shown he has great potential and certainly isnt afraid to shoot if he gets within 40 yards of the goal , also i agree since Bridcutt has been out Crofts has stepped up his game and deserves his place in the side .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Crofts had a good game yesterday. Trying actually watching rather than listening to the popular kids.
Crofts is an oddity so far this season.

His work rate is through the roof, he's run further already than all of last season, but it just doesn't seem to be paying off for him.
Try counting how many times he does a pumped up, damn and blast it, clenched fist, arm swing, per game. It's got to be double figures.
But it's still a thousand times better than last seasons 'effort' as his 2 goals already, proves.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bloody right Buckley on the left wing is not working. In fact, Buckley on either wing is not working. He has been worked out and teams are not going to be fooled by this ' one-trick ' push and go technique. He is surviving on one decent game in 7-8 and yesterdays performance was below par again. The scuffed mis-kick, six yards out, unmarked, was bad enough but the appalling dive that immediately followed was immature and embarrassing.
I see no improvement in Buckley in two years. He hasn't trained on and poses far less of a threat than KLL. Nothing would please me more than for us to get Noone back from Cardiff and offload Buckley. The trouble with that is finding someone to take him.

What a bizarre post as neither Noone or especially Lua Lua are fit to wear Buckleys boots. Yes he had a poor game by his standard yesterday but given the licence to go wide outside players on the right and get in a cross he is far better than either of the other two.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
The team function a whole lot better with Bridcutt in the side , you cant argue with that , but its comforting to know we can still compete without him in the team , Young Ince has shown he has great potential and certainly isnt afraid to shoot if he gets within 40 yards of the goal , also i agree since Bridcutt has been out Crofts has stepped up his game and deserves his place in the side .

Agreed, I love Liam and we would miss him but it shouldn't be seen as the end of the world if he's sold. Ince shows plenty of potential and Andrews looks competent as a replacement and it would make funds available for areas where we are lacking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here