How much longer has Adams got?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much longer has Adams got

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think he'll quite possibly get the boot if we lose badly to Shrewsbury.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think he has as long as he wants.

I don't think we could afford to sack him - However, I have no fact to base this contention on, other than some posts on here.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I doubt it. We can't afford to get relegated but equally we can't afford to take the financial (and ego) hit of sacking Adams, probably at least one of Booker/White, getting in a new manager. I think he will be backed in January regardless.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
LOL, no!

There is no way that crashing out of the JPT would be viewed as the last straw. It's only Harty who sees this as a magical Cup run.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think he should go now, but expect him to be given much longer. I think only relegation will be enough for the board to put him out of his misery.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm at teh stage where I have completely lost the faith, and don't see him getting us back to where we were, let alone take us forward, so I would have to move him on now.

But, I think he'll be here until the summer at the least. Even if we go down.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Lets wait untill jan before deciding anything.But he certainly is walking a tight rope.

The problem for the Board is whether to make a decision before the Jan transfer window (unlikely) or wait to see how his 'new' Jan signings settle in. If that goes badly and we are looking at relegation come late Feb they may decide to act then in the desperate hope someone else may be able to inspire the players to play proper football.

That of course all depends on finances but all in all the Board are in a bit of a pickle with dwindling crowds, supporter unrest, dreadful football and a plan that has spectacularly backfired with the Messiah's return looking more like "The return of the Zombie".....

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Boxing Day. If we have not won by then and lose at home to Colchester I think serious questions will be asked.

What price on Dean Hammond scoring the goal which gets Adams the sack?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I think he should go now, but expect him to be given much longer. I think only relegation will be enough for the board to put him out of his misery.

I don't agree, after the 'I'm vulnerable' interview, he's been told that this can't go on - absolute cast-iron certainty. I think he has until after Swindon, maybe Northampton depending on the next three results.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Boxing Day. If we have not won by then and lose at home to Colchester I think serious questions will be asked.

What price on Dean Hammond scoring the goal which gets Adams the sack?

I think you may well be right on the money :thumbsup:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I doubt it. We can't afford to get relegated but equally we can't afford to take the financial (and ego) hit of sacking Adams, probably at least one of Booker/White, getting in a new manager. I think he will be backed in January regardless.

If the pay-off is not a problem, ego won't come into it. The board will do what they think is right for the club. Why would they want to do anything else? If that means sacking MA, they will do it. If they think they should let him stay, he will.

There is, of course, always the question of whether we agree that what they are doing is best for the club, but they are their decisions to make, not ours.

(I shudder to think of the scenario of having a fans' representative on the board! The members of NSC are just a small percentage of all Albion fans, and opinions on here are nearly always sharply divided - which fans would our man or woman on the board represent?)

Ego is irrelevant. Just like most other clubs' chairmen and boards, ours have made good and bad appointments over the years and that won't change whoever is in charge - now or in the future.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
People say that Micky was lucky during his first spell at Albion because he had Zamora. But Zamora was the cutting edge of a team packed with blokes (Cullip, Chippy, Oatway, Brooker, etc) who would have run through walls for Micky Adams. Micky succeeded at Albion first time round because he brought in the aforesaid players, people who had produced the goods for him before, to reinforce the siege mentality of a club that was fighting for its very survival.

Clearly, Micky’s methods are different to Dean Wilkins’s. Wilkins is a purist. Micky is a pragmatist. Perhaps Micky lacks imagination and is one-dimensional in his thinking. But I back him to have us in the Championship by August 2011...if he's given time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports