Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] How much longer do you think Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson will be PM ?

How much longer do you think Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson will be PM ?

• < 3 months

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • 3-6 months

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • 6 months- 1 years

Votes: 25 15.9%
  • 1-3 years

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • 3-5 years

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • > 5 years

Votes: 26 16.6%

• Total voters

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Without a co-ordinated opposition, as long as he wants.

The electorate have proven themselves to be pretty easy to manipulate.
It will take a hell of a lot more than a few shortages and a faltering economy, to get them to vote against him

With Labour in the state they are in I don’t think that the public needs much by way of manipulation.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Having been a keen follower of politics over recent years I would suggest the biggest issue isn't his incompetence but the lack of suitable challenge.

The spin that the media put on politics leads many to believe that the average Joe, who works hard and pays their taxes (Earning between £25k - £50k), would be better off if we didn't throw money away in benefits. Leading such voters to a conservative candidate. However there's never very much difference of disposable income at any point for such individuals weather under a labour or conservative government. The media spin is that under a labour government we would be raking up large debts due to more benefits being paid out but i'm not sure how true that really is.

What I want to see is a political party who's main aim is to target tax avoiders and close off the loop holes to generate more capital in the system by ensuring everyone pays their share. I'd vote for them

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Until the opposition drag themselves up by whichever genitalia they allow themselves to have on any given day, make some concessions about ideologies, stop getting tied up in knots about minutiae and semantics of language and actually show some fight. Give the electorate something to get behind.

The reason Trumplestiltskin got elected was that he talked in broad strokes about "Americans" having a few extra dollars in their wage packet and keeping taxes low. (Well that and promising not to take away their precious guns. And appealing to certain other "minority interest" groups.)

If Labour could shake the stealth-fart stink of "Marxism" that the Murdoch/Rothermere press dropped on them, stop the infighting, lose the tag of Liberal Elite and offer a proper, attractive alternative to the actual elite (who have been doing such a good job of things), maybe we could be shot of the mendacious prat.

Until then it will be Johnson - or some other guffawing old Etonion facsimile - pissing into the gaping mouths of the happy clappers and the "at least it ain't Coooooorbyn" crew. The last of the family silver will be sold off to the highest bidder/whichever family and friend's hedge fund fancies doing a royal mail, and we'll be beholden to the Yanks or Chinese - which, if you didn't like the EU, should have you shitting your heart through your rubber underpants.

Alternatively, until he gets stabbed in the back by his own party in some sub-Shakespearian tragi-comedy.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It does amuse me that this idea persists that Labour have to change to win. How shit does a Government have to be for people to stop saying “well I’m not a huge fan of the opposition but **** me…”, how many people have to die in a pandemic who didn’t have to die before people start saying “maybe the other lot can’t do a lot worse”?

I find it staggering, most people would say that the Britain of 2021 is in a much worse shape than it was in 2011, and yet won’t kick out the Government that has presided over all of that. I can’t see it happening in other countries. The French would have kicked him out soon as look at him.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As some have implied, he can't afford to be Prime Minister so won't stay around for years.

He has his "legacy" (Brexit) so won't be sticking around like Blair or Thatcher. I fully expect him to leave politics and make a career for himself in America.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Probably another 8 years or so. He’s already said he want to beat Thatchers time in power. Which is disastrous because literally every day that man stays in powers Britain gets weaker and weaker.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
With Labour in the state they are in I don’t think that the public needs much by way of manipulation.

Thanks for proving the point!!

With the state the country is in it really shouldn't matter what state the Labour party is in.
But you can rely on the electorate to shrug and say "It would be worse under Labour."

Labour have to be near perfect to be elected, but the Tories can be an utter shambles and they get voted in, time after time.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

With the state the country is in it really shouldn't matter what state the Labour party is in.
But you can rely on the electorate to shrug and say "It would be worse under Labour."

Labour have to be near perfect to be elected, but the Tories can be an utter shambles and they get voted in, time after time.

Labour don’t have to be near perfect. If ever there was a time they could offer the country something better it’s now. They just need to get rid of the Corbinites, the over influence of the unions and get more people leading it like Burnham, Kyle and David Milliband.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Labour don’t have to be near perfect. If ever there was a time they could offer the country something better it’s now. They just need to get rid of the Corbinites, the over influence of the unions and get more people leading it like Burnham, Kyle and David Milliband.

It isn't so long ago that Starmer was seen as the ideal leader.

The point is that the onus is always on Labour to be seen as electable.
There is always something that the electorate are told to be concerned about.

Why should the fact a party has a left wing be an issue?
Why are the Unions seen as unacceptable?

The fact is that the country is in the worst crisis since the winter of discontent.
That fiasco kept the Labour party out of power for 20 years and is still used as a way of measuring them nearly 50 years on.
The Tories didn't have to do anything to win that election as the electorate rightly booted a failing government out.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It depends on how long Vladimir Putin wants him in "power " for .

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
As long as he wants, certainly the answer. The thing is though that to dislike Johnson is to dislike much of England and I'd sooner give up on politics post-Brexit and enjoy the lovely Autumn day.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
i dont trust Labour and theres millions like me , cant trust people who believed in Corbyn - what a dangerous C--t

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Until the opposition drag themselves up by whichever genitalia they allow themselves to have on any given day, make some concessions about ideologies, stop getting tied up in knots about minutiae and semantics of language and actually show some fight. Give the electorate something to get behind.

The reason Trumplestiltskin got elected was that he talked in broad strokes about "Americans" having a few extra dollars in their wage packet and keeping taxes low. (Well that and promising not to take away their precious guns. And appealing to certain other "minority interest" groups.)

If Labour could shake the stealth-fart stink of "Marxism" that the Murdoch/Rothermere press dropped on them, stop the infighting, lose the tag of Liberal Elite and offer a proper, attractive alternative to the actual elite (who have been doing such a good job of things), maybe we could be shot of the mendacious prat.

Until then it will be Johnson - or some other guffawing old Etonion facsimile - pissing into the gaping mouths of the happy clappers and the "at least it ain't Coooooorbyn" crew. The last of the family silver will be sold off to the highest bidder/whichever family and friend's hedge fund fancies doing a royal mail, and we'll be beholden to the Yanks or Chinese - which, if you didn't like the EU, should have you shitting your heart through your rubber underpants.

Alternatively, until he gets stabbed in the back by his own party in some sub-Shakespearian tragi-comedy.

Brilliant post with some laugh out loud parts.

I am still a bit more optimistic than you. Starmer isn't a fool and must be quite aware about the nature of the perception problem blighting labour. He's younger than me but must remember the 'no compromise with the electorate' Militant gang in the 80s. He must know enough about his own party to know that large numbers of candidates on the slate for the executive (which I get to vote on as a member) are lecturers at former polytechnics who are obsessed with Isaraeli 'genocide' of the Palestinians and the 'gender pay gap' (where male professors earn more than female senior lecturerers - who ****ing knew?).

He must aslo know that having a shouty punch up with Degsy Hatton and the new Militant at the comference is not going to change hearts and minds, inside or outside the party. Raise one eyebrow and move on.

So I am assuming he knows all this shit and is allowing some wrong-uns some rope whereby they quickly shoot themslves in the foot and consequently be asked to leave the front bench (Rebecca Wrong-Bailey), while gently manipulating in the background so the loony left have no traction. WRT the latter we saw a lefty dinosaur flounce just before the conference, with the media then clamouring for quotes about how 'out of touch' Starmer is with the proletariate, which they duly obtained from Jon Lansman, the alcoholic mess who runs Momentum. I am sure that this made Starmer raise the other eyebrow for a moment.

So I think Starmer is cleverly allowing the influence of people who rode in on Corbyn's Dickensian coat tail wither and die, which it is doing remarkably quickly because their organizational coherence and vision is pitiful (hence the 'no compromise with the electorate' agenda of their previous incarnation, Militant). Don't take them seriousy, don't let them dictate policy, don't put them in charge of anything important, and allow a few of them some visibility which will paradoxically speed up their demise - vide Wrong Bailey again).

It is still a while to the next GE. If Starmer can keep the loonies at bay (which I think he can - see above) and gently evolve a measured correction to the absolute shitehouse madness coming from the Boris gang, there is a chance that a few more people will get off the 'Corbyn labour is shit' potty, wipe their arses and take a new look at their voter options.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
i dont trust Labour and theres millions like me , cant trust people who believed in Corbyn - what a dangerous C--t

I suspect you don't want to trust labour which is why you are still focussing on Corbyn. Boris worshipped Thatcher. Did you support Thatcher? If you did, then your support of Boris (who worshipped Thatcher) would make sense. If you hated Thatcher (like I did) then how can you support Boris (reviling labour, the only opposition, equals supporting Boris)? Oh, and you punctuate like Alfredmizen, someone who moulded reality around his convictions, which always worries me when I see it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I get the impression from some of the posts on this thread that large numbers of people still think Corbyn is running the labour party. I am not sure how these people can be persuaded to think again. I'm as happy now to support labour as I was to support anyone but labour when Corbyn 'lead' it. Corbyn was an aberration who slipped in due to Milliband and others patronizingly giving him the 50 votes he needed to represent 'the left' in a leadership contest (the greatest organizational folly in party political history). That madness has been rectified now.

Anyone invoking Corbyn as their reason for not backing labour now is either a knave or a fool. My suspicion is there are quite a few knaves on NSC.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I suspect he will either get bored or the Conservative party will deal with him the second he becomes a liability for them.

Starmer is turning Labour round but he might be the new Kinnock as opposed to the new Blair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here