Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is you vote really worth?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Strange site. According to that site, voters in Hove have about four times more say than voters in Pavilion. Yet, the betting is that Hove is going to be a comfortable majority for the Tories, yet Pavilion looks like a tight two-horse race. Surely, the tighter the constituency, the more your vote counts?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"In Reigate, one person does not really have one vote, they have the equivalent of 0.066 votes."

Spot on. I'm wasting my time in Reigate, but I'll be voting anyway.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Strange site. According to that site, voters in Hove have about four times more say than voters in Pavilion. Yet, the betting is that Hove is going to be a comfortable majority for the Tories, yet Pavilion looks like a tight two-horse race. Surely, the tighter the constituency, the more your vote counts?

Its based on previous general election results, not the results of polls or euro election results.

Most safe seats rarely change hands, it looks like with Brighton Pavillion could be an exception to this rule however I wouldn't count on it. When push comes to shove people are far less likely to vote for minority parties in a general election.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Arundel & South Downs

In Arundel & South Downs, one person does not really have one vote, they have the equivalent of 0.072 votes.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
In Wolverhampton South West, one person does not really have one vote, they have the equivalent of 0.611 votes.

Whereas, at my parents:

In Bognor Regis & Littlehampton, one person does not really have one vote, they have the equivalent of 0.115 votes.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Most safe seats rarely change hands, it looks like with Brighton Pavillion could be an exception to this rule however I wouldn't count on it. When push comes to shove people are far less likely to vote for minority parties in a general election.

If you think that Brighton Pavilion is not going to change hands I'd get down to the bookies - you can get 9-2 on Labour. That's very generous odds for a supposedly safe seat.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Its based on previous general election results, not the results of polls or euro election results.

Since when has Brighton pavilion ever been a safe seat :wozza:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
That site is utter tosh. I live in Elmet & Rothwell ward. They have it down as currently a fairly safe seat. Currently Labour, but pre Blair solid Tory. Its the type of seat that the Torys must win if they stand any chance of being in power.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
"In Arundel & South Downs, one person does not really have one vote, they have the equivalent of 0.072 votes" So does that mean i might aswell just not vote?

Unfortunately YES! I will vote in Arundel but it isn't going to make a blind bit of difference whichever way I choose to vote until we get some form of PR.

I would hope that everyone would want to vote, given the sacrifices many have made to allow us the freedom to vote. However that very statement seems to support those the CHOOSE not to vote also?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here