Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is the Referendum Campaign influencing you?

Has the Campaign changed your mind?

• Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – still think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 85 31.0%
  • Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – now think ‘STAY’

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – now ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – still think ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – now think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – now think ‘STAY’

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – still think ‘STAY’

Votes: 119 43.4%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – now think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – now ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 8 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On the contrary, this was based on analysis by the IFS and accountants, who as we know are beyond reproach

You either didn't read what I wrote, didn't understand it, or are being deliberately obtuse.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
And that to me is the problem. If the young are looking at this as though it's down to racism, etc., then they are wrong. This is, for me, about democracy. Pure and simple. The Commision is unelected and and we, as voters, do not have any input/vote on the rules/regulations which they pass.

Also, the fact that the EU recently stated that if the Far Right guy had been elected as President, they would have done everything in their power to marginalise him. To me that's a sign of all that's wog with the EU. Whatever the decision is of a country, that cannot be ignored by the EU elite as it goes against the 'Holy Grail' of ever closer union (POLITCAL jargon for more centralised control and less accountability).

So, just because the youth are being misled as to wht the real issues are, that's not a good reason to vote for what they want.

I don't believe she is being misled. She's not a sheep, she has researched the whole issue. My comment about multi-cultural societies may have though.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I don't think this referendum should be happening.

I'm starting to feel this way myself. With every doom laden prediction Cameron makes about the consequences of a Brexit I'm thinking why the hell did you put us in a position where it could even happen then? I thought politicians job was to make policies and decisions on our behalf and if we don't agree we vote them out. I remain remain btw.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have thought about this long and hard and after much deliberation have decided to vote Remain

Same here. The Brexit lot have failed to explain anything, so I figure I'll stick.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Same here. The Brexit lot have failed to explain anything, so I figure I'll stick.

Indeed. They have a higher standard to get over in order to convince people to move from what we have to what would otherwise be an uncertain future. They have failed to offer anything more than scaremongering.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed. They have a higher standard to get over in order to convince people to move from what we have to what would otherwise be an uncertain future. They have failed to offer anything more than scaremongering.

It's been quite a strange campaign from them, very incoherent, confused messages, no central message, and it really has shown up Boris for the policy-lite cheer leader politician he is.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

You and HT are like a stuck record repeating the same old verses. Cameron stated we would prosper if we leave the EU . There's something for you

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You and HT are like a stuck record repeating the same old verses. Cameron stated we would prosper if we leave the EU . There's something for you

Until the Brexit camp provide a coherent message and justification I'm sorry but it will be the same old versus.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Until the Brexit camp provide a coherent message and justification I'm sorry but it will be the same old versus.
The same could equally be said about the remain campaign. All they have is 'we'll be x much worse off'.

Both campaigns are extremely disappointing IMO.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It's been quite a strange campaign from them, very incoherent, confused messages, no central message, and it really has shown up Boris for the policy-lite cheer leader politician he is.

They have had so long to build up a compelling argument but have fallen short. Agree on Boris, has shown himself to be a showboater, nothing more. And i dont seem to hear much from Nigel, perhaps not the face they want at the front.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
What like the non stop scare stories with no truth whatsoever. A great way to run a campaign

The point is the Leavers have to offer something compelling to get the country to, well, leave. We have what we have now, its not perfect but we understand it and we are doing well. Who knows what happens with Leave, and it seems those leading their campaign don't really know either

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
And that to me is the problem. If the young are looking at this as though it's down to racism, etc., then they are wrong. This is, for me, about democracy. Pure and simple. The Commision is unelected and and we, as voters, do not have any input/vote on the rules/regulations which they pass.

Also, the fact that the EU recently stated that if the Far Right guy had been elected as President, they would have done everything in their power to marginalise him. To me that's a sign of all that's wog with the EU. Whatever the decision is of a country, that cannot be ignored by the EU elite as it goes against the 'Holy Grail' of ever closer union (POLITCAL jargon for more centralised control and less accountability).

So, just because the youth are being misled as to wht the real issues are, that's not a good reason to vote for what they want.

How condescending do you want to be? They're wrong?! Diversity and embracing multi-cultural societies are two very valid reasons to stay as a part of the EU.

Any insinuation that the Brexiters aren't heavily falling back on the 'dirty foreigners' argument as a major reason for leaving is an insinuation that you've not been listening to the arguments the past few months. You only have to read a few of these pages to see sly digs at Eastern Europeans, Germans etc.

Last point. Democracy isn't one of the main issues. It's one of the issues that the Brexiter politicians are hiding behind as a driving force to gain themselves more power. If you think this is about anything other than handing Gove and Johnson more power, you're fooling yourself.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Remain seems to be a 1 trick pony. Leave will come good over the next few weeks. Just been to a birthday party in Crawley and to a person all voting out which was rather suprising as some own their own companies. Eighteen in attendance by the way

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
How condescending do you want to be? They're wrong?! Diversity and embracing multi-cultural societies are two very valid reasons to stay as a part of the EU.

Any insinuation that the Brexiters aren't heavily falling back on the 'dirty foreigners' argument as a major reason for leaving is an insinuation that you've not been listening to the arguments the past few months. You only have to read a few of these pages to see sly digs at Eastern Europeans, Germans etc.

Last point. Democracy isn't one of the main issues. It's one of the issues that the Brexiter politicians are hiding behind as a driving force to gain themselves more power. If you think this is about anything other than handing Gove and Johnson more power, you're fooling yourself.

Very good post

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Remain seems to be a 1 trick pony. Leave will come good over the next few weeks. Just been to a birthday party in Crawley and to a person all voting out which was rather suprising as some own their own companies. Eighteen in attendance by the way

Crawley, what do you expect :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Good points, well made.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

As an aside I have a mental image of this party. I'm willing to bet one of the company owners refers to himself as "self made" :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here