Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is the play-off Semi final worth to the Albion?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have you added the debenture payment as well? We paid 5k up front for each seat.

Good point. £500 for the 5 year term or £1000 for life on top.

Feb 3, 2013
Have you added the debenture payment as well? We paid 5k up front for each seat.

5k up front, you being serious? how does that work paying that amount upfront then paying monthly installments of x amount over 12 months. What's the total layout for a season ticket then?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Correct. Although you'd assume that even a tinpot club like Palace would sell out for a play-off semi. If so, the capacities at Selhurst (26,300), Reebok (28700), City Ground (30,500), Walkers (32,000), KC (25,500) and the Amex (30,750) are all pretty similar, so it should be a reasonably equitable transaction. Watford (17,400) are the odd one out.

I imagine the palace plastics will be out for a playoff semi :lolol:

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
5k up front, you being serious? how does that work paying that amount upfront then paying monthly installments of x amount over 12 months. What's the total layout for a season ticket then?

I don't see it as instalments just a monthly never ending payment. So 5k one off up front payment plus from memory £120 plus vat PCM on the bright side I own the seat and can sell anytime I want, if I was strapped. Plus 3 seats gained us a car park ticket as well. Yes it's a heap of cash up front but its front row middle tier and really is the best seat in the stadium.

Feb 3, 2013
I don't see it as instalments just a monthly never ending payment. So 5k one off up front payment plus from memory £120 plus vat PCM on the bright side I own the seat and can sell anytime I want, if I was strapped. Plus 3 seats gained us a car park ticket as well. Yes it's a heap of cash up front but its front row middle tier and really is the best seat in the stadium.

Is your 5 year term a fixed rate or if we get promoted then does your season get an increase like us who bum it around in the lower tier? And if you decided to sell it could you ask what you wanted for it?

It seems I'll be bumming it in the north/south for a while yet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't see it as instalments just a monthly never ending payment. So 5k one off up front payment plus from memory £120 plus vat PCM on the bright side I own the seat and can sell anytime I want, if I was strapped. Plus 3 seats gained us a car park ticket as well. Yes it's a heap of cash up front but its front row middle tier really is the best seat in the stadium.

I don't understand why you paid 5k up front. The upfront bit is the 1901 membership fee which would be 3k at most for your 3 tickets. Were you asked to pay more?

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Is your 5 year term a fixed rate or if we get promoted then does your season get an increase like us who bum it around in the lower tier?

My seat is for life not 5 years?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is your 5 year term a fixed rate or if we get promoted then does your season get an increase like us who bum it around in the lower tier?

Fixed for 5 years ie another 3 to go. I dread to think what the increase will be in 3 years time though. I bought it when we were in L1, pre-Barber and it was in my opinion under valued.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
I don't understand why you paid 5k up front. The upfront bit is the 1901 membership fee which would be 3k at most for your 3 tickets. Were you asked to pay more?

Sorry we purchased 2 further seats in the gold lounge

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Am I right in thinking the playoff losers get the full wembley gate money less the FA bit?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Am I right in thinking the playoff losers get the full wembley gate money less the FA bit?

I hope Watford are grateful when we give them this money.

Feb 3, 2013
Fixed for 5 years ie another 3 to go. I dread to think what the increase will be in 3 years time though. I bought it when we were in L1, pre-Barber and it was in my opinion under valued.

So you seat is fixed and no increases are made until your 5 year package has expired whereas our season tickets can go up and up..... So we could be paying the same as you if we are promoted and stay up while you have the best seats and get free cup games and perks?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So you seat is fixed and no increases are made until your 5 year package has expired whereas our season tickets can go up and up..... So we could be paying the same as you if we are promoted and stay up while you have the best seats and get free cup games and perks?

IMHO I don't think non-1901 prices will rise sufficiently to match 1901 prices in the next 3 years but yes 1901 is fixed. But the 5 year term is a legally binding committment and was a punt as they were (mainly) signed when we were in L1.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So if we reduced all our tickets to £1 each we would make the least amount of all the semis and therefore be screwing the other clubs of their money - Go on Barber you know it makes sense.

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton
So if we reduced all our tickets to £1 each we would make the least amount of all the semis and therefore be screwing the other clubs of their money - Go on Barber you know it makes sense.

I like this idea!!

Just bought 4 tickets (me + my 3 boys) for £70. So i don't believe £20 average per ticket is far off!

In any event, its a good earner for the club. I wonder what the players win bonus will be if they get us to Wembley?

wendy's tackle

NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2004
East Dean, Eastbourne
The club has to charge its normal admission prices unless it gets FL approval. For hospitality and club packages where a ticket is included (eg 1901 club) the tickets are assessed as though they have been sold at the highest general admittance price. No TV money goes to the clubs. Once all expenses are deducted from the gate receipts, the FL takes a 3% levy. Of the remainder, half goes to the FL pool, which is later distributed to all the clubs, and half is split between the 4 teams. Same process for the final (ie 50% shared by the 2 teams) except there is a convention whereby the winning team gives their share to the losing team. All this is on the FL website.

So, if we take an average price of £25 and 25,000 gate for each game that makes £520k (after VAT) gross per game. After expenses this might be £450k net across 4 games equals £1.8m. FL levy on this is £54k, leaving net receipts of about £1.75m. This means about £875k to the pool and £875k split between four teams which is about £200k each for the semis.. Not much in the scheme of things.

For the final, it might be an average of £50 per ticket selling 100k. That generates just over £4m after VAT but there are the stadium expenses (the venue is rented from the FA) and travel / accommodation etc for the teams so lets say £3.5m net. The FL levy on this is about £100k, so about £1.7m goes to the FL pool and about £1.7m goes to the losing team. Not as much as people might think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here