Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is Glenn Murray worth now?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would 3 million be a reasonable estimate?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Depends how much people are willing to pay for him - is anyone?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Depends how much people are willing to pay for him - is anyone?

I reckon they are and it would be excellent if a team came in for him in January, even though it won't be us

Are Palace's finances good enough to hang onto him if Cardiff or other big spenders decided they wanted him, and why wouldn't they given his current form?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
18 months left on his contract - then back to Brighton on a FREE.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
29. Had one good half season in the Champonship.

Probably not valued too highly by a buying club but valued a lot more highly by palace, which is fair enough.

It's easier to judge the value of a player which other clubs are likely to buy, i.e Zaha.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
18 months left on his contract - then back to Brighton on a FREE.

He'll probably see out his contract at Palace , get released and end up somewhere like Brentford or Gillingham.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Against him is the fact that he is 29, for him is the fact that he is scoring goals for fun at present.

If Bosman did not exist, based on his goalscoring record for us in the final season I suspect he would have gone for about £1.5 million, as he was (IMO) the third best striker in the division that season, behind Lambert and CMS.

Now that he has proven he can score goals at this level, which even his biggest critics cannot argue with, then you could add another million on top of that, but who would want to sign him? Last January West Ham paid £2 million for Vaz Te, Saints paid £2 million for Billy Sharp, and Reading paid £1 million for Jason Roberts

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I actually reckon, he could do OK in the Premier League. He has the right frame and strength for it, he can jump for the ball well. In the right team, like a Norwich or similar

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

, but who would want to sign him? Last January West Ham paid £2 million for Vaz Te, Saints paid £2 million for Billy Sharp, and Reading paid £1 million for Jason Roberts

I'm not getting the "who would want to sign him" bit, surely any team with ambitions to get promoted would be interested, regardless of age. As you say he knocking them in for fun, a pretty useful attribute imo

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Against him is the fact that he is 29, for him is the fact that he is scoring goals for fun at present.

If Bosman did not exist, based on his goalscoring record for us in the final season I suspect he would have gone for about £1.5 million, as he was (IMO) the third best striker in the division that season, behind Lambert and CMS.

Now that he has proven he can score goals at this level, which even his biggest critics cannot argue with, then you could add another million on top of that, but who would want to sign him? Last January West Ham paid £2 million for Vaz Te, Saints paid £2 million for Billy Sharp, and Reading paid £1 million for Jason Roberts

I think Vaz Te was more like £500k, but I get your point.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
If is current form continues for a while, he is worth a lot of money.

You already have Nigel Clough saying "Forget Zaha, we couldn't handle Murray" and Holloway saying he is the best striker of that type he has ever managed.

If he's in this sort of form later in the season, I am not looking forward to Palace at home.

D

Deleted member 18477

More than CMS that's for sure. CMS 2.5 million rising to 3+ million :lolol:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
One Hundred Billion Pounds?!?!?

default.jpeg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Due to age £500k may be £600k. As somebody else stated half a season so far, not many goals in open play and if I remember rightly penalties don't count any more :wink:.
Unless it only applies to Ashley Barnes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here