Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much has supporting the Albion cost you and has it been worth it?

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Not intended as a thread to see who is the Superfan. I'm just curious if you think your Albion obsession has been, in your opinion, worth it.

I shudder to think of the money I've spent on tickets, travel, Albion tat, replica kit for my children over the years. At times it's been depressingly bad to watch, on Saturday nights my mood often depends on how the Albion did that day and close friends of mine have seen relationships strained because of the importance of the Albion in their lives.

But on the flip side I've made some terrific friends through the Albion, I've had some fantastic memories of games that I will treasure forever.

What about you? Do you regret being addicted to Brighton?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
:ascarf::ascarf::ascarf:

Been going since 1958 so I suppose it must run into ££££££££££££££££'s.
But absolutely worth every pound!
There's been some horrible times but there's also been some wonderful times, this season being one of them. It's in the blood y'know, it just never goes away!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Couldn't even hazard a guess but I don't need to. Been following this team sine 1969 and seen a lot since then. Plentry of good, a lot of bad but right now I support a club that has taken us all by surprise. We're top of our league with just about every other non Brighton fan (apart from Nigel Badnips) saying we're going to be champions. We are playing the sort of football that has been complimented by all and sundry which is something few other teams have. We have the reputation for tenacity for fighting for Falmer, so much so that other clubs ask us for advice (Bristol City for example), who else can say that ?

I am proud to say I support this club, too many positives to remember the negatives anymore.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
On average attending a home game costs me around £150-£200 with petrol, food, ticket but more if we stop over and much more if the missus goes shopping. I try to take some of my grandsons as often as I can (mostly to away games as they are nearer/less costly) because I want them to support a proper club so that adds to the cost. Three of us going to Oldham on Saturday will work out at about £150 all in. I get to about 15 games a season on average so currently I guess I'm spending some £2-£3K a year following the Albion.

Hate to think how much I've spent over 50 years........frightening!

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Thousands and, yes, definately worth it. The sheer joy at the end of the recent Carlisle game at home was priceless in itself.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Thousands and, yes, definately worth it. The sheer joy at the end of the recent Carlisle game at home was priceless in itself.

You just cannot put a price on that can you ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A STH from 1987 - 1997 and then 1999 - present (bad fan, I didn't buy a season ticket for the Gillingham years).

I must have done about six grand just on season tickets for Withdean alone. Plus incalculable amounts for awaydays, shirts and general tat.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
On average attending a home game costs me around £150-£200 with petrol, food, ticket but more if we stop over and much more if the missus goes shopping. I try to take some of my grandsons as often as I can (mostly to away games as they are nearer/less costly) because I want them to support a proper club so that adds to the cost.

Just my opinion, but I find this odd. Why drag kids across the country to watch a team they have no real affiliation with? I'm glad my Dad didn't take the same approach when I was a kid or I would have been dragged to Tranmere Rovers every other week. As it was, I was taken to see Brighton and could discuss the game with my mates at school on a Monday morning.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Away travel has taken me to places I would never have been to in any other case although in some cases they were places I'd never want to again. However not all places are bad and I've met a lot of decent fans. I remember losing 3-0 at Wigan the year we won League One, I walked out and the Wigan fans were amazed that I as well as other Albion fans were so complimentary about their team. Although we were top of the league they have murdered us but they said they were impressed with how sporting we were. Had a few beers there after the game and the Wigan fans were excellent. That's just one example.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
:ascarf::ascarf::ascarf:

Been going since 1958 so I suppose it must run into ££££££££££££££££'s.
But absolutely worth every pound!
There's been some horrible times but there's also been some wonderful times, this season being one of them. It's in the blood y'know, it just never goes away!

Like.....I too have been going since 1958,now I'm retired,live on my own,have told family and friends I will not attend,Birthdays,Weddings,Funerals if Brighton are playing,not only spent thousands on Tickets,Travel,Programmes,but pictures and have travelled miles to get autographs and to talk to players.Some of you might think it's OTT but it's me and my life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here