Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much for Dobbie?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yeah, we're basically getting out money back for Dobbie that Gus wasted on him.

I understand we are getting what we paid Swansea for him , plus his wages and bonuses while he was here and a little bit extra on top. Will be announced as an undisclosed fee to suit both clubs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why on earth would you want him back, many Palace fans are saying the same as ours did, lazy and not interested. He should be a nice bench warmer for them next season no matter what division they are in.

Dobbie dragged Palace into the playoffs almost single-handedly. He either scored or assisted pretty much every goal we scored in the last few weeks of the season. I think you'll find that Palace opinions of Dobbie are overwhelmingly positive at the moment, we're gutted we can't have him for the playoff final :(

I must admit I thought the general feeling was more what GM is saying. From all the highlights I saw, he seemed to be involved in all their goals and looked the player we thought we were getting. You might be right FH, but can't help but feel he's got a lot more to offer than we saw, or how Gus wanted to play him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I must admit I thought the general feeling was more what GM is saying. From all the highlights I saw, he seemed to be involved in all their goals and looked the player we thought we were getting. You might be right FH, but can't help but feel he's got a lot more to offer than we saw, or how Gus wanted to play him.

You wouldn't say that if you'd been to Charlton away. Most of the Albion fans around me were shouting, Get him off Gus. I think fosters headband is far more accurate.
Since when did Glenn-Murray/Seaside post anything truthful? He can't even pay his bets.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Dobbie dragged Palace into the playoffs almost single-handedly. He either scored or assisted pretty much every goal we scored in the last few weeks of the season. I think you'll find that Palace opinions of Dobbie are overwhelmingly positive at the moment, we're gutted we can't have him for the playoff final :(

When will you stop making things up to suit your arguments?
Since Dobbie signed for Palace they have scored 25 goals, in which Dobbie is credited with scoring three and with two assists.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
When will you stop making things up to suit your arguments?
Since Dobbie signed for Palace they have scored 25 goals, in which Dobbie is credited with scoring three and with two assists.

It appears that you missed the part where I said "in the last few weeks of the season".

2 goals and 3 assists out of our last 6 goals of the season before we played you. But by all means, continue to ignore factual information.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You wouldn't say that if you'd been to Charlton away. Most of the Albion fans around me were shouting, Get him off Gus. I think fosters headband is far more accurate.
Since when did Glenn-Murray/Seaside post anything truthful? He can't even pay his bets.

I was at Charlton, I am not saying he wasn't a disaster for us, I merely said that IF we had a change in manager, and with the arrival of Ulloa, with a tweak to our tactics we may see a different Dobbie if he came back. I was under the impression that he had a positive impact as soon as he moved from us, as he had had at the clubs before us.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dobbie was well off the pace when he came on as a sub against Derby (away). Appeared lethargic and generally disinterested and about 5 kilos overweight. In other games where I watched him he still lacked decent pace but had good ball control to go past players but his finishing often let him down. Basically he is a good player at Championship level , nothing more , nothing less.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It appears that you missed the part where I said "in the last few weeks of the season".

Of course I did I forgot the 2 assists he got to get the team to the final Monday night. Oh he wasn't playing
I also forgot the 3 assists he got to get you into the play offs against Peterborough. Oh he played for 15 minutes and had nothing to do with the goals, read the Palace reports.
He did score to get you a point against Blackburn and Leicester but Palace or Dobbie did not score for five games prior to this.
So the fact you made the play offs by 4 points the two points he helped you to get against Blackburn and Leicester would not have affected that, how did he get you there single handed?

Oh and that take in the last 11 games of your season, how far is your last few weeks?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Of course I did I forgot the 2 assists he got to get the team to the final Monday night. Oh he wasn't playing
I also forgot the 3 assists he got to get you into the play offs against Peterborough. Oh he played for 15 minutes and had nothing to do with the goals, read the Palace reports.
He did score to get you a point against Blackburn and Leicester but Palace or Dobbie did not score for five games prior to this.
So the fact you made the play offs by 4 points the two points he helped you to get against Blackburn and Leicester would not have affected that, how did he get you there single handed?

Oh and that take in the last 11 games of your season, how far is your last few weeks?

It sounds like you've watched more of Palace then @Glenn-Murray !? ???

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

The only reason he didn't play against you is because he was ineligible due to the terms of the loan deal.

Nothing to do with the goals against P'boro? Incorrect. He assisted Phillips for the second goal and assisted Jedinak for the third.

He scored to get us a point against Blackburn plus he scored and also assisted Gabbidon for our goals against Leicester to get us a point. This was in the last four games of the season.

So to conclude, you're talking complete and utter shit. Feel free to try again, but don't get confused, you're the one making things up here.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The only reason he didn't play against you is because he was ineligible due to the terms of the loan deal.

Nothing to do with the goals against P'boro? Incorrect. He assisted Phillips for the second goal and assisted Jedinak for the third.

He scored to get us a point against Blackburn plus he scored and also assisted Gabbidon for our goals against Leicester to get us a point. This was in the last four games of the season.

So to conclude, you're talking complete and utter shit. Feel free to try again, but don't get confused, you're the one making things up here.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/stats/player-stats/

Click on this link above and the Palace stats appear. Change the box from goals to assists.

It clearly shows Dobbie with 2 assist , where above, you are claiming 3? So as I said, this backs up my claim that you change stats to suit your argument.
As for him not playing against us was purely sarcasm, which obviously went over your head.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/stats/player-stats/

Click on this link above and the Palace stats appear. Change the box from goals to assists.

It clearly shows Dobbie with 2 assist , where above, you are claiming 3? So as I said, this backs up my claim that you change stats to suit your argument.
As for him not playing against us was purely sarcasm, which obviously went over your head.

The official site is not maintained by Palace and is completely out of date. The goals are available online if you want to actually check for yourself. The freekicks were directly headed in by Gabbidon against Leicester and by Jedinak against Huddersfield. See Phillips' goal in the P'boro game to make it 2-2.

I'm not changing stats, you're just talking shit. Sorry.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The official site is not maintained by Palace and is completely out of date. The goals are available online if you want to actually check for yourself. The freekicks were directly headed in by Gabbidon against Leicester and by Jedinak against Huddersfield. See Phillips' goal in the P'boro game to make it 2-2.

I'm not changing stats, you're just talking shit. Sorry.

See there you go again, Palace didn't score in their last game against Huddersfield so how can he have an assist, but I can't be bothered to argue any more with a **** like you. The bottom line is you have paid or will pay the money we laid out on him, for you to have him sit out his contract with you mainly on the bench.

Last edited:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
See there you go again, Palace didn't score in their last game against Huddersfield so how can he have an assist, but I can't be bothered to argue any more with a **** like you. The bottom line is you have paid or will pay the money we laid out on him, for you to have him sit out his contract with you mainly on the bench.

We also didn't play Huddersfield in our last few games. I clearly meant P'boro as that was the last game of the season. Barring the team name I'm absolutely right and you know it.

It's fine if you want to concede though. Not a problem at all. Better luck next time.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
We also didn't play Huddersfield in our last few games. I clearly meant P'boro as that was the last game of the season. Barring the team name I'm absolutely right and you know it.

It's fine if you want to concede though. Not a problem at all. Better luck next time.

Oh I get it, you clearly post sh*t and when it is pointed out to you, everyone is supposed to know you meant something else.
You must have a code book of excuses and the last couple are wonderful, l got the wrong match and Palace own site is always out of date.
Do us all a favour Mr Murray just stay off our board or more to the point just F*ck Off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here