Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much for a haircut?!

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Costs £16 for me at Headcase Barbers just down from Brighton station. They do a good job and you get a bottle of beer while its being cut.

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Costs £16 for me at Headcase Barbers just down from Brighton station. They do a good job and you get a bottle of beer while its being cut.

My mate goes to one in Headingley, he pays about £20 and always mentions he has a bottle for two of Becks whilst he gets a trim... He equates this to a perk worth around £6. I constantly have to point it out to him that suprermarket Becks at 3 cases for £20 works out at about 38p per bottle!!

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
"Jack the Clipper" charges me £18 for a wash, cut and blow dry, a bit of styling wax... and include eyebrow and nasal trimming, neck shave and flaming of the ears... followed by a hot flannel and liberal splash of lemon-scented stuff!

I do the flaming ears thing myself with my lighter.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Tenner including a couple of quid for a tip.

It depends on how well they've done it. I get my head shaved about every eight weeks even though I'm not going bald and if they take their time and get it just how I like then the tip's well earned. It grows quickly anyway and they usually do my eyebrows and sideburns neatly too in Thatchers.

- - - Updated - - -

I went there once. Not very good. It was like he was on speed that Italian. Five minutes and he'd left dark bits after a grade one. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I went there once. Not very good. It was like he was on speed that Italian. Five minutes and he'd left dark bits after a grade one. :lol:

to be honest, theres not a lot you can do with my hair, so even the worst haridresser in the world will do ok on it!! I go for the entertainment value! (and theres a cracking brunette in the ladies as well to gawp at!)

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
£22 for me, but then that includes a head massage, and a beer whilst a lovely young lady brushes up close and cuts my hair.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Terraces or lads mile! Good haircut good price :thumbsup:

And the conversation is always stimulating.

£8:50

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
£6 - used to be a fiver but the price went up

PS whatever happened to the barber at Brighton station in the 1970s down the steps by the insanitory toilets.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
It was £6 at Pool market when I was down in Cornwall, unless I splashed out on £8 at the football barber in Truro (Southampton supporter).

Now back in Hurstpierpoint, I pay a tenner.

I've done the clippers thing, but my mrs doesn't like the look!

£10 at thatchers in Hassocks and they do an outstanding job. They really realy care about what they do.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Was paying £8 up here, but younger daughter has just done her level 2 hairdressing course and now does it for £5 - she's on an apprentice wage so it the equivalent of 2 hours pay !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here