Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much extra are you willing to pay for your season ticket?

How much extra are you prepared to pay?

• Nothing

Votes: 116 56.0%
  • Up to 5% extra

Votes: 41 19.8%
  • Up to 10% extra

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Up to 20% extra

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Up to 50% extra

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Whatever it takes

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Can't really justify paying more than I already do tbh. Don't we already pay top whack for this division??? Due to other commitments, that already see me miss 3/4 games a season (times, dates, kick off times) If there is any increase in this division I will cancel ticket and hand pick a dozen or so games that I can attend, without any problems. Oh for the days of 3pm on a Saturday afternoon....As for people saying they are prepaired to pay more if we went up. Remember there would be 4 less games, which would represent a increase in the individual ticket price anyway, without any overall increase being added....

I'm in exactly the same position. I'm not at a tipping point. I've already been tipped! Just can't justify the cost with all the problems attending regularly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It only took 2 years to convert all BT employees over to monthly wages after being privatised. Watch out for the CWU accepting monthly pay for their members as part of the next pay deal and terms & conditions.
I'm absolutely amazed we still get paid weekly.
I know I'll struggle to budget like an adult when it does finally happen.

Years ago The CWU turned down £3,000+ per employee to move over to monthly pay.
I don't know whether to :lol: or :cry:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm absolutely amazed we still get paid weekly.
I know I'll struggle to budget like an adult when it does finally happen.

Years ago The CWU turned down £3,000+ per employee to move over to monthly pay.
I don't know whether to :lol: or :cry:
£3k ? :angry: we ended up with £70 after tax :cry:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
It's sad some fans will be priced out eventually, would you still prefer to be playing at the Withdean and keep season ticket prices down ? I'm not taking the P*** just that we all wanted to move on, better ground better football which all comes with a bigger price.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I wonder how different the poll would look if we were 4th or 5th and scoring goals for fun and playing attacking entertaining football. Yes we all know injuries and bad luck are a main reason for this. But the fact remains and history shows us, that people will always find the money, if they are getting what they want. If they are not getting the entertainment they crave, they will always find an excuse to say the money is better spent elsewhere and to be honest that is anyone's prerogative. Fan's are the life blood of football, this is a fact that s all to often overlooked these days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is no way I could justify the S/T's if we weren't going to all the games.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
?? If it's removed then how can it increase? Think I'm missing your point

Trust me it will never ever be removed, just go upwards each year

Funny when we were at Withdean the excuse for the high prices there was the need to run the club with small crowds and how prices would drop at Falmer. Now we are at Falmer with the highest gates in the League and we are still paying the highest prices, ever felt like you're being taken for a mug ?

An amazing illusion

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Close to 57% say nothing. Whilst we all know this won't be the case, it is a worrying percentage. If this is a fair reflection of our financial situation as customers of Brighton and Hove Albion football club, season ticket sales could drop from around 23,000 to 11,000 if the club increase prices. We all know it won't be that low but anything under 15,000 and I would think there could be trouble ahead....Hope someone is taking note of public feeling.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I have no more pips left for the club to squeeze, so it's a big NOTHING from me too.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The club have said there is a season ticket waiting list. Does anyone know if that is updated to make sure everyone on there wants one, or if it's possible that a lot of the people who got their name on that list might not want one now?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The club have said there is a season ticket waiting list. Does anyone know if that is updated to make sure everyone on there wants one, or if it's possible that a lot of the people who got their name on that list might not want one now?

There was apparently a waiting list. Pretty certain there isn't one anymore. There certainly won't be next season that's for sure,,,,,,This Saturday is one of the games I can't attend because I have my daughter. I rang the club to see if I could re locate to somewhere, where I would be able to bring her( family section ideally, as she is 8 yrs old and has no interest what so ever),,,the best three seats together the club could do for me was, very back row, west stand upper block A....and charge me a tenner for my girl.....How much is a ticket in the family stand for an 8 year old???......Needless to say, I won't be coming....and wait to hear just how many empty seats there are all over the stadium again.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There was apparently a waiting list.

The club still quote that there is a waiting list, which I'm sure is the case for two reasons...

1. The club only sell season tickets at certain times. If you want one now, I believe you're out of luck (although there will be half season tickets on sale soon I believe).
2. Some popular areas are full - the family stand is almost certainly one of those. Some people might only want tickets in these parts of the ground.

.and charge me a tenner for my girl

I don't think that's unreasonable at all, but you do seem to be perpetually looking to moan.

I'd definitely consider giving them up even with NO price rise if it were not for the fact I love the seats I've got.

The number of ticket offers and incentives is only going to increase assuming we are in the Championship and although I wouldn't argue that they devalue the worth of a season ticket, they do mean the match by match ticket price costs less of a premium than is otherwise the case.

Love the seats we are in but if me and the boys had to pay the match by match price it would cost me nearly £100 per game:( Which we wouldn't pay.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The club still quote that there is a waiting list, which I'm sure is the case for two reasons...

1. The club only sell season tickets at certain times. If you want one now, I believe you're out of luck (although there will be half season tickets on sale soon I believe).
2. Some popular areas are full - the family stand is almost certainly one of those. Some people might only want tickets in these parts of the ground.

I don't think that's unreasonable at all, but you do seem to be perpetually looking to moan.

Can't beat a good old moan......My best friend past away last year aged 35, his seat remained vacant for three quarters of last season. Requested a move in the summer because of sentimental reasons. This was also difficult to arrange, as the lack of available seats, which is why i'm amazed at the thousands of empty seats at every game. Anyone would have thought all games are sold out.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
It's such a shame that the cost of football is keeping fans away, two of the guys that went with me to The Goldstone and Withdean can't now afford to go, I'm sure there are other regulars that used to go but are now priced out, makes me wonder exactly how many Albion fans are in this position.

Jan 30, 2008
Well they can complain about that when sipping on their pint, smoking their fag, or having that bet.

If anyone is so close to the bread line they can't afford a further £2-£5 a week, then I'd have to wonder why/how they are season ticket holders in the first place.
MAYBE THESE PEOPLE EXIST ???, cut back in season ticket sales might see the club look at the over top pricing of match day tickets???
regards
DR

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can't remember actually spending any money at the Amex apart from my ST.

Still with the queues at the kiosks, they are doing ok without it!

I always assumed that we would end up paying more than withdean obviously, however, the club do have to be careful here as if we don't end up getting anywhere near the playoffs and end up half way up, using the FFP argument to thin the squad and clear out the big earners, then there will be no justification for an increase.

A few people have said that there is only so long you can squeeze a sponge until it runs dry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here