How much extra are you willing to pay for your season ticket?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much extra are you prepared to pay?

• Nothing

Votes: 116 56.0%
  • Up to 5% extra

Votes: 41 19.8%
  • Up to 10% extra

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Up to 20% extra

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Up to 50% extra

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Whatever it takes

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Am I missing something here. This is a genuine question. Surely the reported loss is going to be from last season which was before we really started making big spending cuts and receiving new corporate deals. I always thought we were expecting another loss but that this season we are expecting to see nearer break even. So when the next set of accounts are out that reflect barbers axing we will be on a much healthier position.
No?
I guess that's all relative.

A 3,4 or 5 million pound loss is nearer to break even than 8 or 9 million pounds.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I'm within a tenner a month for me and my boy of not renewing. My sons doubled this season as he's gone from u10 to u18.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Then don't go, players wages are not reasonable, but that's the market they are in.
Would you prefer it if the Albion only paid minimal wage to it's players?
It's quite simple, if you want to go you have to pay.
I do want to go, I feel very soon I will be priced out of the club, so I have taken steps to save £100+ without really knowing it.

That's a tad harsh ! We can't all save £100+ without really knowing it. Now I agree watching the football is a luxury and currently with almost full houses it doesn't matter if a few are priced out BUT wait for the next slump ( and there will be one ) and the club will be desperately trying to gain back lost supporters. Just for a very simple example - last season I went to 10 matches, three with my sons - the likelihood this season is I will get to about three and only one being with my sons. Some will say that is my loss but the club have to provide a value for money product otherwise many people will spend their money elsewhere. The like it or lump it attitude will not see the club progress.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The problem 'we' have is that when our tickets are returned others will buy them, so the club can hardly be blamed for charging a price 23,000 'fans' will play.

I'm not so sure that there will be others buying them. I can see season ticket sales dropping next year as I've heard of quite a few people that are considering not renewing.
Of course, if we went on a winning run after Christmas, then they would probably change their minds.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's a tad harsh ! We can't all save £100+ without really knowing it. Now I agree watching the football is a luxury and currently with almost full houses it doesn't matter if a few are priced out BUT wait for the next slump ( and there will be one ) and the club will be desperately trying to gain back lost supporters. Just for a very simple example - last season I went to 10 matches, three with my sons - the likelihood this season is I will get to about three and only one being with my sons. Some will say that is my loss but the club have to provide a value for money product otherwise many people will spend their money elsewhere. The like it or lump it attitude will not see the club progress.
I know it is harsh, but nevertheless it still stands.
You either want to go or you don't, it's just an extension of Husty's argument:-
'I can't afford home games because once I've paid out the £60 for beer and food, I can't afford a ticket as well'

It's going to take me 6 months to save £120, hopefully I'll be adding more when I see the benefits (of saving not hand outs :lol:).

Football is a luxury.
If it's The Albion or roof over heads, food in belly, shoes on feet, then football shouldn't be your priority.
If it's The Albion or 5 pints a week, 20 fags a week, £10 accumulator, then make your choice.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't understand the food expenditure. On a Saturday we kick off at 3pm, so have lunch at 12.30 before setting out for the game. I leave a casserole in the slow cooker to have when I get home. I can understand the drink aspect better but if I am hard up then I don't have a drink.
Evening games are different because likely as not, fans have travelled directly from work.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and this'll blow your minds:-

Royal Mail is still stuck so far in the dark ages we posties still get paid weekly.
Which obviously does make squirreling £5 or £10 away easier, knowing more money is just a couple of days away.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't understand the food expenditure. On a Saturday we kick off at 3pm, so have lunch at 12.30 before setting out for the game. I leave a casserole in the slow cooker to have when I get home. I can understand the drink aspect better but if I am hard up then I don't have a drink.
Evening games are different because likely as not, fans have travelled directly from work.
Pie and a pint will be going in the next round of budget cuts.
TBH I can't afford it now, but it somehow happens, just.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I voted whatever it takes as a joke but seriously I don't think I could afford a 15% or higher rise, plus soon I'll be on the adult prices :nono:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Football is a luxury.
If it's The Albion or roof over heads, food in belly, shoes on feet, then football shouldn't be your priority.
If it's The Albion or 5 pints a week, 20 fags a week, £10 accumulator, then make your choice.

This is very valid !

I used to smoke and drink every day, I now only drink at weekends and ironically only smoke when I go to football, this saving pays for me and my sons season ticket

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You either want to go or you don't,

What about if you want to go but can't afford to go ? There is a tipping point where there are more can't afford to go's than those that will pay. It's then the club needs to worry about it's income dropping. There's also a group of would like to go, can afford to go but won't pay the price. To put it into your world - I can afford to buy stamps for my Christmas cards but I won't because they are an absolute rip off. Instead I'll either send an electronic one or donate to charity - the only loser out of that is Royal Mail. Likewise if the club overprice their tickets people will decide to spend their cash elsewhere, even if they could actually afford the tickets the only loser is the club.

To be so flippant about price rises and value for money somewhat suggests you belong to that group of Royal Mail employees you're so keen to label dinosaurs.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Not 'willing' to pay anything more. It's too bloody expensive now! And if we do get promoted the club should freeze prices. Take a proportion of the TV money and add it to the overall playing budget. Put the rest to keeping ticket prices down and the stadium packed every game. Win back that lost couple of generations of supporters.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What about if you want to go but can't afford to go ? There is a tipping point where there are more can't afford to go's than those that will pay. It's then the club needs to worry about it's income dropping. There's also a group of would like to go, can afford to go but won't pay the price. To put it into your world - I can afford to buy stamps for my Christmas cards but I won't because they are an absolute rip off. Instead I'll either send an electronic one or donate to charity - the only loser out of that is Royal Mail. Likewise if the club overprice their tickets people will decide to spend their cash elsewhere, even if they could actually afford the tickets the only loser is the club.

To be so flippant about price rises and value for money somewhat suggests you belong to that group of Royal Mail employees you're so keen to label dinosaurs.

I agree with you but I'm not sure the club can be (fully) blamed. I'm sure if I could get in there I could find them savings and even (reasonably structured) additional revenues but at the end of the day they are held hostage to the spiralling wages (and transfer and agents fees) that are being demanded to stay competitive.

At least I hope that's all correct and there aren't "fatcatesque" extravagances to be found.

For one I'd vote out the travel subsidy, it's a tax on those that don't use it and travelling to a game of football is what every fan up and down the country pays the going rate for .... but maybe the club are profiting somewhere there too??

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The points I'm (badly) making is:-
If you've cut and cut and cut your cloth and still can't go to the Albion, then so be it.
As said I'm not far from that stage myself, having to ring fence Albion money.
But there are people that will take our places, so if the club can still sell the tickets, why shouldn't they charge the market rate.
Should it all go tits up medium to long term, then squeezing the pips now will look incredibly short sighted in a half empty stadium.

But there will be others saying how they've been priced out of football, while downing their 5th pint of the evening, or whatever.
Perhaps they'll enjoy their Summer holiday to Tenerife, who wouldn't.
Or just watch football on their £60 a month Sky Sports package.

a group of would like to go, can afford to go but won't pay the price
I'm struggling with this one, the club is not a charity nor does it owe people to watch.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
For my ST in WHU it currently equates to about £23.25 per match including travel. Good value IMO.

The Moment it goes over £25.00 per game for championship football I'm out.

If we ever go up, remember we'd only get 19 games.....

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Eastbourne
Don't agree with the club increasing ticket prices unless promoted. Saying that though if my £44 month DD were to go up to £60, I know I'd still end up paying it.

If and when we do get promoted why should they put prices up and why are people so ready to accept it? I know they will but in the PL the club get more TV revenue and there are less home games for the loyal fans, seems like a bad deal to me.

I had to give up my season ticket this year due to various reasons but I did so with one eye on the future and knowing that I would get priced out anyway, so what was my loyalty going to get me?

Trouble is fans will just end up paying whatever, blind loyalty to a degree and this along with player wages needs to stop, Germany seem to have the right idea on ticket prices and other sports have wage caps.

Another things that really gets my goat is the advertsing for meal deals at the Amex, save 10p by buying a pint and a hot tog together WTF!!!!! this takes the p!55 at least make it worthwhile!!!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Can't really justify paying more than I already do tbh. Don't we already pay top whack for this division??? Due to other commitments, that already see me miss 3/4 games a season (times, dates, kick off times) If there is any increase in this division I will cancel ticket and hand pick a dozen or so games that I can attend, without any problems. Oh for the days of 3pm on a Saturday afternoon....As for people saying they are prepaired to pay more if we went up. Remember there would be 4 less games, which would represent a increase in the individual ticket price anyway, without any overall increase being added....

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's worth bearing in mind before you give up your ST, at least if in north, that it's almost 2 for 1 if you by on individual basis such is the extraordinary cost I've incurred when buying additional ones for friends and moving to another part of stadium of equivalent viewing.

So don't be too hasty - you'll cut your nose off to spite yer face as they say. And the club, like all football clubs, know this. You can bet they've done the maths even if fans haven't! Saying that I've only used my ST twice this season so I'm giving up anyhow. Always something preventing me attending...like Sky switching fixtures!! Grrrrr...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oh and this'll blow your minds:-

Royal Mail is still stuck so far in the dark ages we posties still get paid weekly.
Which obviously does make squirreling £5 or £10 away easier, knowing more money is just a couple of days away.

It only took 2 years to convert all BT employees over to monthly wages after being privatised. Watch out for the CWU accepting monthly pay for their members as part of the next pay deal and terms & conditions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports