Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much extra are you willing to pay for your season ticket?

How much extra are you prepared to pay?

• Nothing

Votes: 116 56.0%
  • Up to 5% extra

Votes: 41 19.8%
  • Up to 10% extra

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Up to 20% extra

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Up to 50% extra

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Whatever it takes

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I wonder if the club are over estimating the numbers who would renew if they increase prices significantly ? I'm at the maximum now along with others with what I'm happy to pay and can afford to pay
Sadly, this for me also coupled with the 90 mile round trip, rising fuel costs etc.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pensioners on a fixed income, who have been watching the Albion for decades. I don't smoke, bet and only drink occasionally.
What you mean that section of the fan base that rightly already receive a substantially discounted price for their S/T's.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I pay 37.99 per month for my season ticket. If it hits 40 notes then i'm out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What you mean that section of the fan base that rightly already receive a substantially discounted price for their S/T's.

Yes that's exactly my point. It if wasn't a concession then a lot of OAPs wouldn't be there at all. My fuel direct debit has risen by £26 a month recently even though I get a winter fuel allowance.
It's already been said, but football is a luxury not a necessity.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Well they can complain about that when sipping on their pint, smoking their fag, or having that bet.

If anyone is so close to the bread line they can't afford a further £2-£5 a week, then I'd have to wonder why/how they are season ticket holders in the first place.

You're assuming the decision being made is one of 'can't pay' as opposed to 'won't pay'. £2-5 isn't a big deal for most, but if it gets added on year on year then it does start to add up.

Everyone has their tipping point and the higher the tickets go, the more people will decide that, for them, it's too much.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'll probably have to take a step back next season and just do the occasional game

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The way you should look at any increase is say a 20% increase on a £500 season ticket works out at less than £1.92 per week or 27p per day.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The way you should look at any increase is say a 20% increase on a £500 season ticket works out at less than £1.92 per week or 27p per day.

Good fishing. On the other hand, Wigan tickets are £15 full price and £10 for concessions.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Fair enough but you could argue the same for gas bills, petrol, food etc etc. Add it all up and it comes to a great deal more than £1.92 and certainly a whole load more than the c2% (before tax) pay rise that many will be getting. Fine if you have enough discretionary income that it makes no difference but for many they don't.

It's not the fault of the club, it's the system

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd definitely consider giving them up even with NO price rise if it were not for the fact I love the seats I've got.

The number of ticket offers and incentives is only going to increase assuming we are in the Championship and although I wouldn't argue that they devalue the worth of a season ticket, they do mean the match by match ticket price costs less of a premium than is otherwise the case.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I would have to say prices around the Amex are at the limit for me. Beer and Pies are right at the top end of what we should be paying. If we go up I'd expect a rise of around 15% which I would fine. Any rise in the Championship wouldn't be justified next year though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very true .. plus do I get my paying an extra £5 a week so that a (25 man) squad of players get an extra £4000 each a week in wages (assuming 20,000 attendees) is reasonable? No
Then don't go, players wages are not reasonable, but that's the market they are in.
Would you prefer it if the Albion only paid minimal wage to it's players?
It's quite simple, if you want to go you have to pay.
I do want to go, I feel very soon I will be priced out of the club, so I have taken steps to save £100+ without really knowing it.

You're assuming the decision being made is one of 'can't pay' as opposed to 'won't pay'. £2-5 isn't a big deal for most, but if it gets added on year on year then it does start to add up.

Everyone has their tipping point and the higher the tickets go, the more people will decide that, for them, it's too much.
The problem 'we' have is that when our tickets are returned others will buy them, so the club can hardly be blamed for charging a price 23,000 'fans' will play.

Should it all go tits up medium to long term, then squeezing the pips now will look incredibly short sighted in a half empty stadium.

Yes that's exactly my point. It if wasn't a concession then a lot of OAPs wouldn't be there at all. My fuel direct debit has risen by £26 a month recently even though I get a winter fuel allowance.
It's already been said, but football is a luxury not a necessity.
Exactly.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Good fishing. On the other hand, Wigan tickets are £15 full price and £10 for concessions.

Probably not the best choice of example - seeing as Wigan are subsidised by parachute payments, Europa League prize money and additional TV money from appearing in Europe.

Though other clubs are similar, without parachute payments.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'd definitely consider giving them up even with NO price rise if it were not for the fact I love the seats I've got.

The number of ticket offers and incentives is only going to increase assuming we are in the Championship and although I wouldn't argue that they devalue the worth of a season ticket, they do mean the match by match ticket price costs less of a premium than is otherwise the case.

Agree .. for many it appears we are close to the tipping point. Giving up a ST and missing midweek games against the likes of Barnsley, Yeovil and such isn't such a sacrifice when you can still see the decent Saturday games for less than the cost of a ST.

I'm sure there are some that have already worked out that by taking "the deals" you can see all but 4 or 5 games for less that the ST cost

The club are in a difficult position and I've got as much sympathy for them as the supporters

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I gave up my season ticket as I couldn't get to games other than Saturday ones, and their number seems to diminish. If I still had one I'd vote for 0%, though I would vote for a wage cap throughout football as the more obvious response to rocketing prices/administrations,

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Am I missing something here. This is a genuine question. Surely the reported loss is going to be from last season which was before we really started making big spending cuts and receiving new corporate deals. I always thought we were expecting another loss but that this season we are expecting to see nearer break even. So when the next set of accounts are out that reflect barbers axing we will be on a much healthier position.
No?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I think I've already mentioned that the current cost for me to attend all the league home games from London (with my season ticket) cost me just shy of £1400. If they put the prices up, I'll be giving up my seat, and buying a ticket to games I want to see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here