Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much extra are you willing to pay for your season ticket?

How much extra are you prepared to pay?

• Nothing

Votes: 116 56.0%
  • Up to 5% extra

Votes: 41 19.8%
  • Up to 10% extra

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Up to 20% extra

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Up to 50% extra

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Whatever it takes

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Players wages in general need to be bought down , not season tickets prices rising

THIS!!! and crap to the fact its a short lived career, the amount of money players get paid in the main is slowly killing the game off, fans will just not be able to afford it, no fans no game, Fact!! Wages have to be bought down to a sensible figure, any one player who earns more in a week than the prime minister does in a year proves the whole situation has got way out of hand.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
sure , i ditched my season ticket last season , not on the grounds that i couldn't afford it i became BORED with the Amex experience, i also realised that further increases were coming and thought it would be easier to go then rather than hang around festering,my mate bought my seat and i have first offer on it as and when ???
regards
DR

Ok then Nostradamus, what will happen next season?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't understand the(if i give up my tickets someone else will snap them up) PROBALY HAD 8,000 EMPTY SEATS LAST GAME:eek: SO IF 2,000 JACKED THE SEASON TICKETS HOW WOULD THAT HELP?:moo:

Haven't read the whole thread, so this may have already been mentioned, but in your case I'd put in for a reduction as you miss at least 10% of the game anyway..when you even go :wink:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
THIS!!! and crap to the fact its a short lived career, the amount of money players get paid in the main is slowly killing the game off, fans will just not be able to afford it, no fans no game, Fact!! Wages have to be bought down to a sensible figure, any one player who earns more in a week than the prime minister does in a year proves the whole situation has got way out of hand.

I know a lot of people moan about FFP but the way I see it that's the only thing that's going to start driving down players wages, The penalties for breaking it need to be severe though.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
sure , i ditched my season ticket last season , not on the grounds that i couldn't afford it i became BORED with the Amex experience, i also realised that further increases were coming and thought it would be easier to go then rather than hang around festering,my mate bought my seat and i have first offer on it as and when ???
regards
DR

Fair enough, if your mate doesn't fancy paying any increase (if/when) and gives the ticket back, what would you do? This is assuming that a) the ST is still actually yours & b) you can't find another buyer in time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With rail travel and petrol prices still rising I think it may be to much of an ask to come from Devon next season if they put tickets up too much I regretfully have to say

:bowdown: I used to gripe about travelling from Worthing to Gillingham

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Not that anyone will care what a non-STH thinks, but I'm happy going to the odd game every now and then, instead of committing myself to buying a ticket for the whole season. Makes each game that much more of a special experience that way. I think home tickets on an individual basis are costly enough, don't think I'd be able to go to so many games if the prices went up much more.

The club needs to look at why it's losing money, instead of straining every penny from beleaguered fans. Otherwise they risk alienating the thousands of supporters who only turned to season tickets when we got our new ground and promotion to the Championship.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Likely to be giving up my ST next season. FFP is a reasonable attempt to deal with the spiralling costs of going to football but until the TV companies can put a brake on the obscene wages that are being paid, and/or provide a fairer distribution across the leagues then I can't see any end to it

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
a nominal amount, maybe more than some people have got ???
regards
DR
Well they can complain about that when sipping on their pint, smoking their fag, or having that bet.

If anyone is so close to the bread line they can't afford a further £2-£5 a week, then I'd have to wonder why/how they are season ticket holders in the first place.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Revenue in 2012 was £22.2m - ticketing £7.9m, TV £5.7m, commercial £8.6m.
We have more seats this season and more season ticket holders so ticketing revenue will rise with little impact on costs.

Costs were: staff costs £14.7m and other costs were £16.9m, due to “costs of running a state of the art stadium”.
Barber is already addressing some of the staff and other costs to bring down current year loss to £5m I believe.

Increasing cost of tickets will help, but a 10% rise in ticket revenue equates to round figures perhaps £1m on the bottom line. Ticket price increases is not how we'll reach breakeven.

Does anyone know what makes up the £16.9m 'other costs' as it seems a phenomenal amount. Ground rent to the Council? Power costs? Insurance? Training ground development? Travel and hotels for away games? Agents fees? Travel subsidy? Does it include 'depreciation'?

As a percentage of income (66%), staff costs seem to be under control compared with many clubs.

PG

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well they can complain about that when sipping on their pint, smoking their fag, or having that bet.

If anyone is so close to the bread line they can't afford a further £2-£5 a week, then I'd have to wonder why/how they are season ticket holders in the first place.

Pensioners on a fixed income, who have been watching the Albion for decades. I don't smoke, bet and only drink occasionally.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Pensioners on a fixed income, who have been watching the Albion for decades. I don't smoke, bet and only drink occasionally.

Very true .. plus do I get my paying an extra £5 a week so that a (25 man) squad of players get an extra £4000 each a week in wages (assuming 20,000 attendees) is reasonable? No

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Will let you work that one out...

Fine ..... you live in your own little fantasy world then where you can't even answer basic questions and think the club worry that much about what such a small percentage of fans think.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

thats me to a tee

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Last edited:

D

Deleted member 18477

I gave up end of last season. Too expensive as it is. Not just us but the majority of football is just too expensive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here