How much extra are you willing to pay for your season ticket?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much extra are you prepared to pay?

• Nothing

Votes: 116 56.0%
  • Up to 5% extra

Votes: 41 19.8%
  • Up to 10% extra

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Up to 20% extra

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Up to 50% extra

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Whatever it takes

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Have a season ticket in the West Stand Lower, wouldn`t want to pay anymore than I do now.
Am also thinking of downsizing and moving to a different area rather than pay more.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've done a full 180 on this attitude, esp when the toys are properly coming out of prams.

I said the same thing a few weeks ago, along the lines of 'and fook knows how I'm going to tell jnr Stat, he'll be heart broken'.
Mainly as a 'joke' but certainly based on fact.

Then the penny dropped.
Prices will go up, we ALL know that, and have known that, since time began.
If we reach the Premier League it will be a hefty increase.
My giving up our tickets will mean nothing in the short to medium term, as others will snap them up.
The club's not a charity and business is business.

So I opened a new building society account specifically for our S/T's, into which I also pay a nominal amount of extra cash direct from my wages. Fingers crossed I will be able to cover the price rise, as and when it happens, in 6 months time.

It ain't rocket science and it sure beats moaning about being 'priced out of the game'.

Dec 29, 2011
Would the ticket price hike be to cover our losses, so we're paying more and so the club can comply with FFP? Does this mean when we reach the Premier League ticket prices will go down because the club will be less reliant on this income source? I thought not.
Why should we bail the club out with higher ticket prices, when we know they'll put the price of the tickets up when we reach the Premier League anyway

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Hang on a minute me mucker - it was you that suggested people keep to themselves what rise they were prepared to pay because the club "might be watching". Seriously, get over yourself - NSC isn't THAT important to the club that they set their policies by posts on here. If you really think that then you need to pop to the corner shop and buy some tin foil !

For sure the club will check out the most popular BHA Forum for opinions etc... I'm not for one second suggesting that Bloom, Barber or whoever constantly have it open on their screens or a live feed straight into the boardroom but I’m sure somewhere in the organization somebody will monitor various forms of social networking Media sources just to keep up to date with the general feeling of supporters (or should that be customers..??)

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Don't agree with the club increasing ticket prices unless promoted. Saying that though if my £44 month DD were to go up to £60, I know I'd still end up paying it.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Mine and my son's cost around about £50 a month, and if my financial situation stays the same then I can't see me being able to afford it if it goes higher than 70ish. Not a big difference but I'd probably pay it and see where I could cut back in other areas.

Going to football is very important and is pretty much the only thing I look forward to, I know other people have other priorities but for me, I would always try and make sure I could go!

Almost the same as me. I have 3 tickets in total for me and my 2 eldest boys. I moved seats from WSL to the north west corner for 2 reasons. Mainly the atmosphere but also because it's works out cheaper. For the 3 of us it's about £54 a month which I think is good value however there are other costs associated with a match day when taking kids. I try and feed them before we leave to keep costs down and take snacks for during the day but sometimes with all the offers/sweets etc not to mention the shop costs do add up over the season.
I've cut back on eating at the stadium completely and drink wise will have just a beer at half time. Used to stay around after and arrive a bit earlier but money talks.
In terms of away games by now I would have been to at least 3 but haven't been at all.
If the prices go up next season I will again try and work around it and cut back in ither areas but there has to be a limit.
Football is pretty much all I do. I don't eat out, go out on the p*ss so I will always find a way to find it but as mentioned on here it's a principle thing.
We are already a very expensive club to follow compared with others and the club should be very careful.
My biggest worry is when the 1901 is due for renewal. Those prices will rise dramatically I think and if the club don't sell what they need to (and I'm sure there will be reduction in people taking it up again) they look to pass the cost down elsewhere.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
MAKES ME FEEL BETTER THANKS :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Well that's fair enough, continue to aimlessly bellow my friend.

Anyway; you've posted a few times in the thread but I can't see one where you say what you would do, nor what you believe the club should do. Fancy sharing?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
For sure the club will check out the most popular BHA Forum for opinions etc... I'm not for one second suggesting that Bloom, Barber or whoever constantly have it open on their screens or a live feed straight into the boardroom but I’m sure somewhere in the organization somebody will monitor various forms of social networking Media sources just to keep up to date with the general feeling of supporters (or should that be customers..??)

So why the insults ?

owenthemonkey

Aug 17, 2011
Wouldn't pay any more. Ever since they have been stripping out the choice of food/beer the matchday 'experience' for me has worsened. Only really go now for the game rather than getting there way before and staying around, not worth the price hike I reckon

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Ticket prices shouldn't go up by that much if we are promoted surely? Less home matches in the premier league so by prices remaining the same would already be a large match by match cost % rise

Jan 30, 2008
Well that's fair enough, continue to aimlessly bellow my friend.

Anyway; you've posted a few times in the thread but I can't see one where you say what you would do, nor what you believe the club should do. Fancy sharing?
sure , i ditched my season ticket last season , not on the grounds that i couldn't afford it i became BORED with the Amex experience, i also realised that further increases were coming and thought it would be easier to go then rather than hang around festering,my mate bought my seat and i have first offer on it as and when ???
regards
DR

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think/hope that they'd realise that any big increase will result in fewer ticket sales and potentially less overall income than freezing the price and getting more fans through the gate. We currently sell around 85% of available tickets on match days. I'd rather they tried to make up any shortfall by trying to fill the other 15%.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This season's ticket prices have already gone up on last season's price (taking 7.9m up to 8.2m). Attendance has also increased (an increase from 22k crowds to 26k crowds should see ticket revenue go from 8.2m to 10m cutting losses). Fan/Customer contribution to travel subsidy has increased significantly on last season (up £20 per person over the season, a saving for the club of 520k for 26k attendance). None-playing job roles have bee eliminated. So this season's losses should be down on last season's.

Next season also sees a new kit deal and a new kit sponsor that is supposed to be the best in our history.

If we're still in the championship next season, I would be disappointed with any significant increase. Especially given a certain disconnect so many fans are feeling (2 of my party of four are almost certainly not renewing next season, one is likely to but not committed, and I'm only 'probably' at the moment - price will be a big factor, as will how much my albion mojo returns by the end of the season)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Any increase would simply cover the transport - the "actual" ST price wont actually increase, who knows - they may not actually increase.

You cant scrap the transport scheme either, as that was one of the bases of actually getting the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports