Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much does this cost? (One born every minute...)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not until just after [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] post on here and tell us EXACTLY what the price was #writeagain

Hmmmm...some bloke knocks on the Dear Leader's door and offers to sell him a box containing various apple products for under a tenner?

Frankly I think we're lucky [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] didn't take NSC offline for a whole month.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
That's as it comes. It's always in two crates. Perhaps if they used one, and it would always fit, it would look better.

£9.00 is the answer. As I say - not expensive and I'm happy to support local farms. They could just be buying it at Tesco though and splitting it into boxes and delivering it.

NINE! NINE! NINE! Wouldn't happen in Germany.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That's as it comes. It's always in two crates. Perhaps if they used one, and it would always fit, it would look better.

£9.00 is the answer. As I say - not expensive and I'm happy to support local farms. They could just be buying it at Tesco though and splitting it into boxes and delivering it.

local orange and grapefruit farmers? i reckon they could go to Waitrose, have them deliver it and still turn a profit on £9.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Luckily I have these wonderful people round my corner, so I get to select my own.

http://www.macknade.com/

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
£9.....absolute rip off....did they offer to re-tarmac your drive very cheaply as well........

My guess is, you would probably buy all that for far less in any Supermarket......but if supporting the local farmers is your thing, then well done.......

Don't Farmers supply supermarkets......in a roundabout way?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
This reminds me of a tale my grandmother told me fifty years ago.

For years the neighbour over the garden wall gave her loads of tomatoes/veg and very big and tasty they were too.

Then early one morning as she visited the outside privy, she noticed said neighbour emptying the contents of his china potty onto his vegetable patch:ohmy:

Zola's" La Terre " with Madame Poo Poo taught me to not waste my waste when growing vegetables.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
£9.....absolute rip off....did they offer to re-tarmac your drive very cheaply as well........

My guess is, you would probably buy all that for far less in any Supermarket......but if supporting the local farmers is your thing, then well done.......

Don't Farmers supply supermarkets......in a roundabout way?

Have you fallen out with Bozza :moo:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just did a check army local supermarket and for the same produce its £4.67.

However that is a supermarket where I suspect the veg is not quite as good a quality. However how do you know it is local?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If you want to support your local farmer fine, although it would probably be better all round if you just gave them £7 a week as they would be a £1 a week better off as they wont have to visit Aldi or Lidl to get your goodies

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Our fruit and veg delivery only arrives in one crate. Normally 17 different items each week and plenty of them. The crate filled to the brim for £15

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
No?? I am allowed an opinion, if I'm wrong then fair enough, but in my opinion, it's to much for the paltry amount of goods supplied................I think the thread title was asking for opinions.

I said £9.99 less .99 for the reusable plastic boxes - that was my opinion - I would not of entered this competition had I known Bozza was going to not pay up and upset you as well:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here