Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Much Does Chris Kamara Know?

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
What a tosser (from the Skysports website):

The problem Brighton face is that if Leon Knight doesn't score, who will? Brighton don't jump out at you but Mark McGhee has got them well-organised and playing as a unit, just like he did with Millwall.

As I have been saying all season, in Sam Parkin and Tommy Mooney, Swindon have the best strike partnership in the division. They are a good footballing side and, to be honest, I have seen them play better than Bristol City.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
On the strength of their performances against us this season, it seems reasonable that neutrals are going to expect Swindon to win. Has absolutely no bearing on the game whatsoever and don't expect Kamara to sing Albion's praises, even if we do win. He seldom has a good word to say about us.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kamara is a twat.

The facts are that Knights' strike partners this season (McPhee, Mckenzie, Iwelumo) have notched up around 14 or 15 league goals (off the top of my head), so Knight plus partner are more prolific than Mooney and Parkin.

Anyone, the 'one goal threat' argument was more appropriate a couple of years ago, and we won the division.

He's talking bollox...

Indefatigable

Mar 23, 2004
Parkin and Mooney or Knight and Iwelumo ?

I was very impressed with Mooney at Withdean. He looked to be juist the sort of partner that Leon needed. And Parkin has done well for Swindon, particularly against us.

I think I'd plump for Knight and Iwelumo, but it would be marginal.

I don't see much wrong with what Kamara has said. Swindon are a good side, it will be close.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
it will be close! maybe if we'd had mckenzie we might not even had the need for the play off's

i think we are both evenly matched decent strike forces and solid from the back but i just think if danny and butters are in form we will hopefully just shade it

Jul 16, 2003
you're all calling kamara a twat now, but don't forget how much he was bigging up the need for us to get the go ahead for falmer over and over when we were on Sky earlier this season....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't mind what he says, as already stated on another thread, let others (including Andy King) do the talking: hopefully we'll do ours on the pitch.

Even if we make the final, the chances are it'll be against Bristol City, therefore the likes of Kamara will still be tipping us to lose, so get used to it and ignore him.

It's all the more satisfying if you can come out on top when you've been knocked by 1980's throwback mullet meisters like him.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I think I must be one of the few people who actually doesn't mind Kamara. Yeah he did talk a lot of shit when he said stop Knight and you stop Brighton, but everybody's entitled to one slip.

I think Andy King has talked a lot more shite in the build up to this game than Kamara, and I personally hope we stop the fat bald twat from doing anything this season, because he has an over-inflated view of self-importance, and he has been totally disrespectful to us and Hartlepool in declaring how the final has been set-up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Paddy B said:
McKenzie?

Do you mean Benjamin?

Oops, why was I thinking of Leon McKenzie? Anyway, the point is Leon's had a partner for most of the season and they've got their fair share of goals.

:shootself

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Seagull73 said:
I think I must be one of the few people who actually doesn't mind Kamara. Yeah he did talk a lot of shit when he said stop Knight and you stop Brighton, but everybody's entitled to one slip.

I think Andy King has talked a lot more shite in the build up to this game than Kamara, and I personally hope we stop the fat bald twat from doing anything this season, because he has an over-inflated view of self-importance, and he has been totally disrespectful to us and Hartlepool in declaring how the final has been set-up.
If there's one thing that will annoy me more than a Palace promotion, it'll be having to listen to that bald porky twat banging on if they beat us.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Pavilionaire said:
Oops, why was I thinking of Leon McKenzie? Anyway, the point is Leon's had a partner for most of the season and they've got their fair share of goals.

Even Chris McPhee got nine goals

Like Seagull 73 I quite like Kamara too.
I met him on a course once and he's a great laugh, no airs or graces (sorry, this is sounding like name dropping, but it's not intentional); so I thought I'd stick up for him (awaits abuse...)

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Icy Gull said:
On the strength of their performances against us this season, it seems reasonable that neutrals are going to expect Swindon to win. Has absolutely no bearing on the game whatsoever and don't expect Kamara to sing Albion's praises, even if we do win. He seldom has a good word to say about us.

dont think he is a neutral. didnt kamara either manage or play for swindon?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Kamara played for Swindon. I don't think he meant any offence, I just think he is not endowed with the best football knowledge in the game, although he likes to think he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here