Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much debt you in ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Nothing at all.

Mind you, haven't finished all the work on the house yet.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Due to debts from my previous relationship and my partners previous relationship about £10k. Though nothing extra since we have been together.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
7 grand of student loan to still pay off, i am in japan so have to opay of minimum every year, this means that all i am doing is paying off the interest so 3 years out of uni still hasnt gone down.:angry:
Beyond caring now though, it will go eventually.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I owe about £800 on the plastic but should clear that in a couple of months after the WC.
My flatmate is quite badly in debt due to him letting his ex bird screw him over and generally being a complete sap. He won't give a straight answer as to how much but after seeing a few credit card statements which he left lying around it's at least 5k, but probably more. His monthly repayments were more than his earnings, but there's some government debt type agency who have somehow made it so that he only pays as much as he can afford each month.

dougdeep said:
Debt's for mugs.

So if someone borrowed money for a vital operation, or to convert their house to accomodate a disability or just to get an education they are a mug?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Billy the Fish said:
His monthly repayments were more than his earnings, but there's some government debt type agency who have somehow made it so that he only pays as much as he can afford each month.

Thats quite easy really just go to CAB and they will complete a break down all all your debts and how much your earn and how much u need to eat and such and will divide the money you have spare up between companys and legally they have to accept what you offer.

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
DAMANCLAY said:
Thats quite easy really just go to CAB and they will complete a break down all all your debts and how much your earn and how much u need to eat and such and will divide the money you have spare up between companys and legally they have to accept what you offer.
That's the one

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Only stuff on card is expenses which doesn't count as it is not my debt really.

I owe my Dad £7000 which was a loan for our car.

Other than that, nothing. We also own our own home.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
nsc seems very sensible, must be some horror storys out there , I know someone who has 20k on cards and loans and is constantly moving things around trying to stay one step ahead , the stress they go through would be a good advert to avoid it.
Saying that they have a nice car , well kitted out house and dress very well .. . . material things i know

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
DAMANCLAY said:
You're talking about a pro-rata agreement between creditors, but creditors are under no LEGAL obligation to accept the offer at all. Generally they will accept a pro-rata arrangement because if it ends up going to court, its all worked out in much the same way anyway. But it's entirely at the creditors own descretion whether they accept proposals via a CAB or not.

I used to collect on credit card debt. The MESS some people get themselves into. :nono:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here