Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many will Barnsley bring down tomorrow?

Doesn't tell the whole story though. 300 was a magnificent effort on a weeknight considering that the south east was in the grip of snow and ice and the roads had been in a real mess for several days. I recall the thought of getting to Barnsley and back was a real test of determination, especially with a risk of the match being called off at very short notice (like the game at Blackburn had been called off a few weeks earlier).

What he forgets to mention is that the previous season we took 1357 on a weekend while Palace took 228 !

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Doesn't tell the whole story though. 300 was a magnificent effort on a weeknight considering that the south east was in the grip of snow and ice and the roads had been in a real mess for several days. I recall the thought of getting to Barnsley and back was a real test of determination, especially with a risk of the match being called off at very short notice (like the game at Blackburn had been called off a few weeks earlier).

While the snow and ice was an issue, the game wasn't ever in danger of being called off.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Is it POTG (Day)? 1 official supporters coach (3/4 full) + taxi + mini bus = 47

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
not precious at all...its supposed to be a Barnsley away attendance thread..simples..not who's got the biggest dick

What has a list of away attendances last season, which I just happened to find on a Palace site, got to do with who has the biggest dick? You may not find it of any interest but I thought others might, surprised you feel strongly about it tbh :shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What has a list of away attendances last season, which I just happened to find on a Palace site, got to do with who has the biggest dick? You may not find it of any interest but I thought others might, surprised you feel strongly about it tbh :shrug:

your right i don't feel super strongly....lets move on

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
While the snow and ice was an issue, the game wasn't ever in danger of being called off.

Yes I recall bizarrely how mild and snow free it was in Barnsley compared to back in the grim frozen South. In fact it was probably warmer that night than the equivalent fixture at Oakwell the previous season which was the last game of the season and chuffing freezing in May!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How accurate are these figures on your forum? Quite interesting figures. I am very disappointed Acker 79 has not done one of those for this site. (Apologies to him if he has and I've missed it :wink:)

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=242280

The figures are accurate insofar as they are provided by the home club on how many away fans attended , they are a copy and paste from another website.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What he forgets to mention is that the previous season we took 1357 on a weekend while Palace took 228 !

Not bad for a early kick off on the last day of the season. Barnsley changed the match category thinking it would be a nice little earner with us taking the full 7,000+ allocation to celebrate being in the play offs before we fizzled out with 6 games left and eventually finished 10th.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hope this doesn't descend into a piss taking thread.

Barnsley has never been a fashionable place or football team, and they've plenty of competition up that way from other clubs. They're bottom of the league, on a miserable run, it's a Tuesday night game a couple of hundred miles away from home, only three weeks before Christmas.

Won't catch me having a dig at them- they're a proper football club with proper fans, so fair play to the ones who come for making the effort :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here