Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many to Derby?

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I'm not sure the Liverpool match is a good comparison, but my lad and I will be at the Derby match. We weren't at the Liverpool match so how does that affect the statistical analysis???

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
~2000, the other 4000 at Anfield were the plastics.

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
There's some great pubs in Derby. One almost opposite the train station is in the Good Beer Guide with a massive selection of real ales. Also a good chip shop near to soak up the booze.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There's some great pubs in Derby. One almost opposite the train station is in the Good Beer Guide with a massive selection of real ales. Also a good chip shop near to soak up the booze.

Merry Widows and another one 5 minutes up the road

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Depends on whether we still have the win streak going. Probably about 1,500. Will include me + 3 junior Grummitts.

PG

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I'm going undercover in the home end, mate at uni is a huge derby fan and only down the road.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Be lucky, not exactly a 'rare' trip to Pride Park is it, and had some decent games recently in Millwall, Watford, and Blackpool coming up.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'm going undercover in the home end, mate at uni is a huge derby fan and only down the road.

Indeed, an hour direct by train for me to get to Derby, absolutely no complaints.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Somewhere around that, remember only 450 odd went to Burnley

There's no comparison with Burnley. Burnley is a dive, a hateful place to visit and further away. Derby, on the other hand, is a decent club, newish stadium and one of the easiest to get to, apart from the southern clubs.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Leicester and Forest are probably the closest in our division to Derby.

Last year when we went to Leicester (3pm on a saturday) it was on the back of 7 wins and a draw and we took 2,030.
Last season when we went to Forest (3pm on a saturday) we were 4th in the table at the business end of the season. We took 2,045.

I think we won't be too far from that, probably a bit higher if we continue our form in the next couple of games.

(Last season derby was a tuesday night fixture, and was on the back of a poor run we were just recovering from and the official site doesn't list away numbers for that game)

Last edited:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Leicester and Forest are probably the closest in our division to Derby.

Last year when we went to Leicester (3pm on a saturday) it was on the back of 7 wins and a draw and we took 2,030.
Last season when we went to Forest (3pm on a saturday) we were 4th in the table at the business end of the season. We took 2,045.

I think we won't be too far from that, probably a bit higher if we continue our form in the next couple of games.

(Last season derby was a tuesday night fixture, and was on the back of a poor run we were just recovering from)

Good comparable evidence based estimate. I revise my estimate to 2,200.

PG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Don't do it. I've done this before with mates and it's always much more enjoyable to go in the away end. Meet up with your mate for beer before and after but come and join us in the away end.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'd guess about 1600, there seems to be an invisible wall once we get to Yorks/Lancs that seems to prevent most Albion fans going unless it's a special occasion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd guess about 1600, there seems to be an invisible wall once we get to Yorks/Lancs that seems to prevent most Albion fans going unless it's a special occasion.

That'll keep the northerners and Scots at bay then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here