Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Less than 15

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
I believe/hope most of it will be paid for by the German healthcare. I get the financials through this week and then I discuss it with the insurers. I understand they’re good with this as once it’s done…those teeth won’t need much/any further attention.

My upper jaw is very thin and won’t take an implant; they will have to do a “sinus lift” and construct some extra jaw bone. I’m pondering this as it seems quite brutal.
Good luck with that. I have one implant, it's strange when your dentist comes at you with a hammer. The periodontal surgery I needed was less pleasant but not painful, tickling stitches inside your mouth afterwards. You do have to be careful around implants as they can make some very hard to clean places. I think the surgery is worth it, I was very impressed with the competence and skill when I had my procedures and they really aren't that brutal. The worst thing is the initial jab.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good luck with that. I have one implant, it's strange when your dentist comes at you with a hammer. The periodontal surgery I needed was less pleasant but not painful, tickling stitches inside your mouth afterwards. You do have to be careful around implants as they can make some very hard to clean places. I think the surgery is worth it, I was very impressed with the competence and skill when I had my procedures and they really aren't that brutal. The worst thing is the initial jab.
Thank you.

I have pondered having this for some time now, a few years in fact; initially I was scared. But I have decided to go ahead with it now.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
All of them. One filling toward the back when I was a kid but have since learned that that particular dentist was struck off a few years later for doing extra unneeded work to boost his paycheck the ****.

I'm 45 now, haven't been to the dentist since I was 18. Don't even have one anymore. But I'm lucky that I still have a perfect bite pattern, everything is still lined up ok the oral hygiene drummed into me as kid is paying off.

If I ever get a toothache then I'm in trouble so should probably register with a dentist and I've been trying to but I can't find one within 20 miles of here that will take NHS patients.

Can't be more painful than gout can it? And I suffer with that on a semi regular basis... ..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm of an age where dentists didn't get paid for doing children's check-ups on the NHS, but did get paid if they did a filling. Had a lot of fillings back then! Didn't do the teeth a lot of good!
Full set at the front (one crown, where a spiteful old dentist put one of those old black fillings in my tooth, which had to be replaced - bigger filling, bigger hole, eventually the tooth had to go). But front OK.
Not too many at the back though - some of them are caps/crowns too - but more than enough for everyday use. Haven't dared to try eating a toffee for about twenty years though. :(

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just counted. 20.

If one is rotten I get the dentist to yank it out. Can't be bothered with saving them.

The bizarre thing is folk say I have good teeth. It's only because all the front ones are intact and scrubbed up. I've hardly got any in the rest of my mouth.

Klopp at the front, Hodgson at the back.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
25. No wisdom teeth appeared. Three teeth removed because of lack of room. No extractions due to bad teeth. No gaps. Only one filling. Bosh.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I did have 33 teeth about 5 years ago. Now down to 28, after having 5 wisdom teeth removed.
How many mouths have you got?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All of them. One filling toward the back when I was a kid but have since learned that that particular dentist was struck off a few years later for doing extra unneeded work to boost his paycheck the ****.

I'm 45 now, haven't been to the dentist since I was 18. Don't even have one anymore. But I'm lucky that I still have a perfect bite pattern, everything is still lined up ok the oral hygiene drummed into me as kid is paying off.

If I ever get a toothache then I'm in trouble so should probably register with a dentist and I've been trying to but I can't find one within 20 miles of here that will take NHS patients.

Can't be more painful than gout can it? And I suffer with that on a semi regular basis... ..
I go private. When I moved here there we no NHS dentists. There may be one, ow but whatever. My dentist never causes me pain like most others in the past. About £80 for a deep clean and polish every 6 months. But I'll be 66 soon and imagine I may be eligible to an old person's tooth pass or whatever it's called.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I go private. When I moved here there we no NHS dentists. There may be one, ow but whatever. My dentist never causes me pain like most others in the past. About £80 for a deep clean and polish every 6 months. But I'll be 66 soon and imagine I may be eligible to an old person's tooth pass or whatever it's called.
Tough. There ain't one. Unless maybe you're on Universal Credit (which retiring university lecturers are not). Happy New Year!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tough. There ain't one. Unless maybe you're on Universal Credit (which retiring university lecturers are not). Happy New Year!
I'll have to cut down on the Werther's Originals, then.

Incidentally, did you know that Werther is a Germany company? I was shocked!

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I actually have about 31.7 teeth but voted 32. Got a chipped one (tiny bit visible from the front, some of the back of it chipped off) after a dunken night out at uni, (my own stupid fault, not a fight etc) that doesn't need fixing because otherwise it's fine.

Still have all my wisdom teeth, had two of them filled a few months ago because the dentist said she didn't see the point removing them when they aren't giving me any hassle.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I put my poor teeth down to biting through 30lb breaking strain fishing line as a youngster and eating pork scratchings all the time,
I was warned.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
All of them still, thankfully!

follow smile GIF

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Had a filling on a front tooth replaced today, 15 mins. She said do you want it numbed and I said 'no what's the worst that can happen?'

I actually frighten myself at how hard I am these days :wink:

:ROFLMAO:

Whatever turns you on

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
all apart from two wisdom teeth removed when I was a teenager, but of a gap in the front, caused by sucking my thumb when I was a nipper or so I am told. I think my gums maybe reseeding slightly due to smoking in the past and a vape occasionally now.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Having suffered the archaic school dentists at Carden School and then Morley Street Clinic, coupled with a sugar-high diet, for the last 25 years I have had precisely - none!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here