Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many teams do you genuinely support?

How many teams do you genuinely follow (including nations and other sports)

• Only 1 - I'm pure

Votes: 137 69.5%

Votes: 22 11.2%

Votes: 9 4.6%

Votes: 12 6.1%

Votes: 6 3.0%

Votes: 6 3.0%

Votes: 3 1.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 10 or more - super plastic

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I support Brighton and Hove Albion and follow the results with interest of Spurs and obviously England and the same can be said of Sussex CCC and England Test Team.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I follow most sports and have a favourite team/individual in most but as far as support is concerned (as in going to watch/giving money to) I only really have three:

Albion
Sheffield Collegiate CC (my son plays for the U9 team and I seem to spend half the summer in the bar there)
England (cricket)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just the Albion. Any other teams I follow results of but wouldn't class it as support

Rather like you, I think a classification can me made, between supporting a team, and merely following the results of one.

I ticked the box saying '1',as I only actively support the Albion, but I also follow tbhe results of Staines Town in the Ryman Premier League, Montrose in Scottish League Two, and Coleraine in the Northern Ireland Football League.

I'm also keep an eye on the fortunes of the New Jersey Devils in the NHL in the States.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Albion
Sussex CCC
Oklahoma Sooners

Would be the main 3 then have a few teams I follow
OKC Thunder,Texas Rangers, Dallas Stars

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I go to watch the Albion regularly and Sussex occasionally. I "support" them by buying tickets, refreshments and merchadise. I don't spend money on any other sport.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Albion
Redskins
Oregon Football
Sussex Cricket

keep an eye out for the result of a number of teams in different sports for various reasons.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Genuinely care about:
BHAFC
Sussex (cricket)
Toronto Blue Jays (baseball)

Then I want these teams to do well:
New York Red Bulls
Toronto FC
Hibs
Toronto Maple Leafs (ice hockey)
And at a stretch, Southampton FC

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I voted one however should probably have gone for 2

I support Brighton, go to games, buy shirts, brainwash mini sock etc. But I check the results of Cardiff, Charlton, Bromley and AFC Wimbledon)

And, although I didn't think of it straight away, I support England Cricket. I check the results and follow games of Sussex religiously however having never been to a match or even bought so much as a book mark I probably can't claim to support them)

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Only voted one, Brighton and Hove Albion - season ticket holder + regular away game attender.

I also support Sussex CCC, but only attend 1-2 games a season and don't follow them anywhere near as much as Albion.

I also watch England nationally in most sports (mainly cricket and football), but I've only seen England live once (Women at the Amex).

I voted one however should probably have gone for 2

I support Brighton, go to games, buy shirts, brainwash mini sock etc. But I check the results of Cardiff, Charlton, Bromley and AFC Wimbledon)

And, although I didn't think of it straight away, I support England Cricket. I check the results and follow games of Sussex religiously however having never been to a match or even bought so much as a book mark I probably can't claim to support them)

Watched bromley v dartford fa cup last season nice ground and a cracking game!

Attachments

• DSC00666.JPG
    DSC00666.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 333
  • DSC00679.JPG
    DSC00679.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 163
  • KESTREL 093.jpg
    KESTREL 093.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 173

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I just love football full stop...don't mind where I go to watch it, where ever is convenient at the time. Used to go to Woking when I lived there so still follow them, used to go to Weymouth when based there in the Royal Navy, used to go to Portsmouth when based there, used to go to Glasgow Rangers when I was based in Rosyth...so out of interest I follow all these teams and keep an eye on what they are doing. Chelsea was just 20 mins on a train when I grew up in Woking. Guess it could have been any of the London teams but it was and always has been Chelsea since the 70's. Football fans are so fickle it pisses me off sometimes....

When I was based in Weymouth I use to go watch the Speedway, Weymouth Wildcats back then now all merged with Poole Pirates. So I'm a Poole Pirates fan. Now if I go to watch my speedway at Eastbourne no one calls me a plastic or any other derogatory name because I am there and not at Poole.

Football fans really are a strange breed.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Support the Albion but look out for the results of Spurs due to my birth place.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Albion alone in club football
England as a national football team
Sussex as a county cricket club
England as a national cricket team

Can't think of any other teams I truly support.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Albion number one since 1963
Spurs until it's fans were bunch of arses at the Goldstone (watched them during the Mike England time when Brighton played away in the Third Division days
Celtic
Soft spot for Liecester follow results Brother inlaw team.

Sussex CCC

Brighton Beers BC ! Whoops Bears

England at every sport

Brighton. tigers
whoops
I meant Brighton / worthing Bears formal Brighton Gaints

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Watched bromley v dartford fa cup last season nice ground and a cracking game!

That brings back some great memories!

I used to go to school in Hayes which is basically just down the road from the stadium, we went to loads of games growing up. It was a lot different then with no seat, no snazzy sign etc. Infact the only signage more referenced the fact that the ground was shared with Cray Wanderers - The worlds second oldest club (supposedly)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here