Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many s/t holders will the club end up with for season 2015/16?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
16-18,000, but little difference in matchday attendance as people pick and chose their games. Most championship clubs would be delighted with 16-18k wouldn't they ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
16-18,000, but little difference in matchday attendance as people pick and chose their games. Most championship clubs would be delighted with 16-18k wouldn't they ?

There was a huge take up of season tickets when we first moved to the Amex for lots of reasons, but traditionally people didn't buy season tickets. The additional seats mean that people can pick & choose their games now.
The main reason I have a season ticket is that it is cheaper per game especially due to the interest free direct debit. If it went back to one lump sum payment then I would cancel, and go game by game, missing games when I'm not well or away on holiday.

The club said that there is always a 7% depreciation due to deaths, moving out of the area etc.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There was a huge take up of season tickets when we first moved to the Amex for lots of reasons, but traditionally people didn't buy season tickets. The additional seats mean that people can pick & choose their games now.
The main reason I have a season ticket is that it is cheaper per game especially due to the interest free direct debit. If it went back to one lump sum payment then I would cancel, and go game by game, missing games when I'm not well or away on holiday.

The club said that there is always a 7% depreciation due to deaths, moving out of the area etc.

Agreed. I got the impression from the club that renewal numbers are down way more than they expected. I think in the first couple of seasons people generally thought they wouldn't get a ticket unless they were STHs. Clearly this isn't the case now, but anyone going to all/most of the games, and wanting a good chance of cup/away tickets is still much better off sticking with a ST. I genuinely don't think crowds will be much different next season, just the ST %

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
27,643, would have been 27,644 but my brother in law is not renewing.

Btw. Does anyone know the best way to approach this......as my BIL is not renewing and sits to my left, and since poor Tony's passing the seat next to me to my right is now empty. If I wanted to move to my left and take my BIL's seat that will leave two seats together next to me. As that will presumably help the albion sell them, would anyone think they would charge me for moving seats?

Here you go:

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/tickets/seasontickets/

If you are a current season ticket holder wishing to move seats you must renew your current season tickets first. If on DD you will auto-renew, but if you pay upfront you must buy your current seat prior to the deadline of 5pm on 19th March 2015 in order to qualify to move. You should then contact the club via the Albion Booking Line 0844 327 1901 or visit in person, on the dates shown below, dependent on the area you wish to move to:
•Tues 24th March - moves to/within North and South
•Wed 25th March - moves to/within West
•Thurs 26th March - moves to/within East

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/tickets/seasontickets/index.aspx#KVYyH4ojI1FKxxLq.99

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
27,643, would have been 27,644 but my brother in law is not renewing.

Btw. Does anyone know the best way to approach this......as my BIL is not renewing and sits to my left, and since poor Tony's passing the seat next to me to my right is now empty. If I wanted to move to my left and take my BIL's seat that will leave two seats together next to me. As that will presumably help the albion sell them, would anyone think they would charge me for moving seats?

6 of us all moved forward one row last season. None of us were charged for moving.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Agreed. I got the impression from the club that renewal numbers are down way more than they expected. I think in the first couple of seasons people generally thought they wouldn't get a ticket unless they were STHs. Clearly this isn't the case now, but anyone going to all/most of the games, and wanting a good chance of cup/away tickets is still much better off sticking with a ST. I genuinely don't think crowds will be much different next season, just the ST %

They will have to significantly reduce match day ticket prices if they want to continue to get the same crowds IMO and that isn't going to happen.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I
Here you go:

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/tickets/seasontickets/

If you are a current season ticket holder wishing to move seats you must renew your current season tickets first. If on DD you will auto-renew, but if you pay upfront you must buy your current seat prior to the deadline of 5pm on 19th March 2015 in order to qualify to move. You should then contact the club via the Albion Booking Line 0844 327 1901 or visit in person, on the dates shown below, dependent on the area you wish to move to:
•Tues 24th March - moves to/within North and South
•Wed 25th March - moves to/within West
•Thurs 26th March - moves to/within East

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/tickets/seasontickets/index.aspx#KVYyH4ojI1FKxxLq.99

Smashing. Thanks mate

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I think the real drop will be more down to the large number of midweek games, including those rearranged at pretty short notice on the whim of SKY. Significant numbers of STHs are opting out of midweek games, for doubtless perfectly valid reasons. Must be fewer and fewer willing to do the equivalent of sitting at home tearing up £20 notes. Cheaper over the course of a season to just buy tickets for Saturday games at the last moment when you know they're not going to be switched to midweek.

Yup, head on nail. The other factor which may influence some people is what happens re new signings in the summer .... but I'm not really holding my breath on that front.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yup, head on nail. The other factor which may influence some people is what happens re new signings in the summer .... but I'm not really holding my breath on that front.

The deadline for renewal is so far advanced that people don't have an option to retain their seats and wait until the summer signings before deciding. It would be effectively a cancellation and coming in again as a new season ticket holder, which is sort of unfair but no surprise in this age of customer care.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The deadline for renewal is so far advanced that people don't have an option to retain their seats and wait until the summer signings before deciding. It would be effectively a cancellation and coming in again as a new season ticket holder, which is sort of unfair but no surprise in this age of customer care.

How does the club get income in the summer, when there are no games to generate income? The club needs money to be able to buy players, and pay wages. It's not like we're making a profit to carry us over the three months.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We don't have 23100 St holders this season as that's clear to see if you look at some attendances...was rumoured to be around 21500 max and that's about spot on.
We've had 23600 and 24000 etc a few times and that's with a 1500/2000 away following...Easy as pie to see that we don't have 23100 St holders.

Next season it'll be around 20k and it's clear we have a lot of pay per game fans now and upto 3k+ for many games.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
How does the club get income in the summer, when there are no games to generate income? The club needs money to be able to buy players, and pay wages. It's not like we're making a profit to carry us over the three months.
Well, it's only since we have been at the Amex that we have had to pay money this far in advance. It has never previously been an issue. Appears clubs are living on the 'never never' and dragging fans into the equation to bale them out. There aren't many providers of goods and services that require payment up front without the customers knowing exactly what they are paying for - ie what division, what players, what day of the week etc.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You don't think it's possible for a business to budget over a period when income is variable and, better still, known in advance to be variable? Or to use loan and/or overdraft facilities to cover periods when income streams are reduced?

They could even do something like this:

Money to spend every month = expected annual income / 12.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I think the real drop will be more down to the large number of midweek games, including those rearranged at pretty short notice on the whim of SKY. Significant numbers of STHs are opting out of midweek games, for doubtless perfectly valid reasons. Must be fewer and fewer willing to do the equivalent of sitting at home tearing up £20 notes. Cheaper over the course of a season to just buy tickets for Saturday games at the last moment when you know they're not going to be switched to midweek.

Count me in amongst that group.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well, it's only since we have been at the Amex that we have had to pay money this far in advance. It has never previously been an issue. Appears clubs are living on the 'never never' and dragging fans into the equation to bale them out. There aren't many providers of goods and services that require payment up front without the customers knowing exactly what they are paying for - ie what division, what players, what day of the week etc.

I'm sorry but I used to get an earlybird discount for renewing in March at Withdean. I used to pay by credit card and then pay that off over three months.

Away at Cardiff a few weeks back, they were advertising earlybird discount for their fans who renewed before the end of March. There are always fans who will go regardless of the division or manager.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I'm sorry but I used to get an earlybird discount for renewing in March at Withdean. I used to pay by credit card and then pay that off over three months.

Away at Cardiff a few weeks back, they were advertising earlybird discount for their fans who renewed before the end of March. There are always fans who will go regardless of the division or manager.

Don't be sorry. The discount you refer to doesn't apply any more but I can see how the interest on your credit card could be less than the saving you were making. My biggest issue is the lack of Saturday games. I can rarely get to evening matches and TV has meant an increase in midweek matches which, for me, is a complete waste of money on two season tickets costing £1300.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here