Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many points will we end the season with?...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Over 33 games. We're 2 points behind Burnley.
We have 13 games left. We could catch them in ....1 games time.

True but look at their recent form! I think we will finish 4th and have to play Derby again over 2 legs. Only bonus being I think we are far stronger than the last time we had to do that!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
7 home wins.

Away wins at MKD and Charlton.

4 other away draws.

91 points.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Haven't been able to see anything other than a Hull/Burnley or maybe Boro top 2 for a while. Similarly I can't see anyone other than this lot in top 6. Points might be a bit iffy, never know where to put the "upsets"

Football.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Aim high. 96. We will lose to 'boro on last day of season but we will not care by then. :thumbsup:

Conversely Boro won't fancy needing 3 pts for promo against us. On our day we are very hard to beat

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Indeed. Or since we've started getting back to full strength (off the top of my head) 16 / 7 = 2.29

Correct so on current form 2.29 x 13 = 29.77 points. 60 + 29 (being conservative) = we will finish on 89 points. FACT. [emoji6]

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I know it is negative however my goal is to finish above seventh place anything above that is a bonus.

We have a handy gap now over the likes of Cardiff and Birmingham, during our undefeated run I said on here win at home and draw away and we are in with a shout,

I think we will get fourth and Sheffield Wednesday fifth, unlike me to be so positive.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Not sure, but there is a 6 pointer on Friday with Hull vs Massive.

To play
Boro - Hull, Burnley, BHA
Hull - Sheff Wed, Boro, Derby
Derby - Hull, Sheff Wed, BHA
Burnley - BHA, Boro
BHA - Sheff Wed, Burnley, Derby, Boro
Sheff Wed - Hull, BHA, Derby

We have the most to play, Burnley the least - this gives us potential to take points of those around us!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
True but look at their recent form! I think we will finish 4th and have to play Derby again over 2 legs. Only bonus being I think we are far stronger than the last time we had to do that!

Yep. But Our recent form isn't bad either. 16 points from 21 gets you promoted.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Over 33 games. We're 2 points behind Burnley.
We have 13 games left. We could catch them in ....1 games time.

I understand what you're saying and it's only praise for us as we've also been consistent on the whole. I just think that over the next 13 games Burnley will grind out a couple more points than us. Again, hope I'm wrong and I could well be as its only tiny margins in the Championship.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Of Hull's 14 game left, 8 are at home. Us, Burnley and Borough fighting it out for 2nd I reckon.

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
Well for what it's worth I've had the calculator out. Based on the present average points achieved in each game so far this season.
If Hull & Boro get to 90 points it should just about guarantee automatic promotion. Burnley could also make 90 points but would need more wins than Hull or Boro in their remaining 13 games to make it. It could all go down to the last game of the season.
That would mean in order for us to reach that total from are remain 13 games we would have to win 9 of those games, draw 3, & just lose 1. That's a hell of an ask & feel it may well be beyond us. Other than that it's the Play Offs again for us, we would have to go on a particularly bad run not to make those.
Obviously there are many other variables to achieving the goal of promotion but that's about it in a simplistic form. We shall see though. :glare:

Last edited:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
We're only two points behind Burnley, the other two have games in hand but Boro have had games in hand before and contrived to drop points against MK Dons, Blackburn etc. I think we're back in the race, which looked very improbable after the Rotherham game.

Problem is that you run out of road quite quickly. Three points isn't much but we are up against two teams in form with good managers who have done this before, and one with a couple of games in hand. Never say never, but I think we will miss a top two slot.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Well for what it's worth I've had the calculator out. Based on the present average points achieved in each game so far this season.
If Hull & Boro get to 90 points it should just about guarantee automatic promotion. Burnley could also make 90 points but would need more wins than Hull or Boro in their remaining 13 games to make it. It could all go down to the last game of the season.
That would mean in order for us to reach that total from are remain 13 games we would have to win 9 of those games, draw 3, & just lose 1. That's a hell of an ask & feel it may well be beyond us. Other than that it's the Play Offs again for us, we would have to go on a particularly bad run not to make those.
Obviously there are many other variables to achieving the goal of promotion but that's about it in a simplistic form. We shall see though. :glare:

Pretty much my take on other post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here