Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many points to stay up?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
thanks Bozza , they obviously didn't see WHU play yesterday otherwise they would have pretty poor odds as well

I think there's value in backing all of West Ham, Southampton and Palace to go down, speculatively. If any of them get sucked in much deeper you'll have an easy lay to cash in.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think there's value in backing all of West Ham, Southampton and Palace to go down, speculatively. If any of them get sucked in much deeper you'll have an easy lay to cash in.
And Watford who picked up most of their points at the start of the season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
God knows why some think 32 will be enough it isn't,. Clubs in the bottom 3 now have more points than those at this point last season. We are looking at 38pts to be safe providing our GD is better

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
37 for me

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
When i did the prediction we ended up on 38 and finished 13 above palace. Huddersfield ended up on 31 point in 17th place. there is an awful lot of opportunity for teams in the scrap to take points off each other.

Aside from Swansea and Stoke playing each other no-one in the scrap has an easy last game of the season.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
God knows why some think 32 will be enough it isn't,. Clubs in the bottom 3 now have more points than those at this point last season. We are looking at 38pts to be safe providing our GD is better

Not saying if it will or won't but do the predictor and see how many points gets safety. It would be interested to see what other people end up with.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not saying if it will or won't but do the predictor and see how many points gets safety. It would be interested to see what other people end up with.

I do this every year when we have something to play for ... which is just about every year!

You can see by orange wrong and green right just how tricky it is. At this stage of the season and as things get desperate for the lower sides and maybe more relaxed for the middling (not so many of those) and up top get sorted then I think results are even less predictable. I'd say that there's another 3/4 points to be had by those bottom teams so I'd got for 36 as being enough

I've got a hunch Watford might go and looking at upcoming fixtures you can see why Wagner rested a few v Man U

Attachments

• Football2.jpg
    Football2.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
One thing is for sure - We need to win against either Stoke or Swansea.

If we don't do that, we'll be struggling to stay up.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Possible 9 points in that lot, so 36 total in the end, which just might be enough the way other teams are playing.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Lets look at this differently. So how many points do we need to finish top half?

I'm thinking 45 might be enough this year. Currently we're 27 points with 12 games left. We'd need 18 more, so that's p12 w5 d3 l4 from here. Clearly we'd need a couple of big results

The answer to your question is ...... I'm drinking Speckled Hen, (which traditionally makes me angry rather than optimistic, I guess they changed the recipe).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here