Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Many Points Do We Need From The Last 4 Games?

How many points?

Votes: 3 2.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 3.6%

Votes: 4 3.6%

Votes: 27 24.5%

Votes: 31 28.2%

Votes: 41 37.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009

I think this is a sensible post, with 4 games left why would sides that have been inconsistent all season (and have to play one another, we are the only team without a fixture against our rivals) suddenly start to win all of their games? If Reading get thumped in one of their games (unlikely) 7 points may enough for us on goal difference.

We would be very unlucky not to get there with 9 points

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
In the last 40 games combined played by our remaining opposition they have won a massive 4 (four) matches.

Wow, that is some stat! Very compelling. I wasn't aware that Huddersfield were that poor of late, they are winless in their last 9 games. We really are playing these last four teams at a good time, aren't we? Just hope we can take advantage !!!

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I think this is a sensible post, with 4 games left why would sides that have been inconsistent all season (and have to play one another, we are the only team without a fixture against our rivals) suddenly start to win all of their games? If Reading get thumped in one of their games (unlikely) 7 points may enough for us on goal difference.

We would be very unlucky not to get there with 9 points

The only problem is that some of these games they have could be against teams with nothing to play for. Burnley play both Reading & Ipswich but by then they will already be promoted to PL and we've seen with Leicester the effect that has.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the target has to be all of them, we have to rely on Reading dropping points as it is, we dont want to be pipped to the post by Bournemouth. Bournemouth ffs.

In the last 40 games combined played by our remaining opposition they have won a massive 4 (four) matches.

ooo, i like that.

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
The only problem is that some of these games they have could be against teams with nothing to play for. Burnley play both Reading & Ipswich but by then they will already be promoted to PL and we've seen with Leicester the effect that has.

This is possibly true, though I was only including Wigan, Ipswich, Reading, and Bournemouth in that statement. One of Wigan (who have punishing schedule in the next 8 days, after 120 minutes yesterday) and Reading must drop points on Friday for example...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The Wigan v Reading game on Friday is important.
If Reading do beat Leicester on Monday then Reading will be one point behind Wigan, but Wigan will have a game in hand on us both.
So Wigan will realise that on the same day we could be on the same points as them and probably with a better goal average, should they lose to Reading, but still with a game in hand.
I think the last game where Reading play Burnley is not good, unless Burnley need to win to secure the league, i believe they will already be in the automatic place to go up.
So a win for Leicester v Reading and a win for Wigan v Reading would be good.
I wished we had a rattled a couple more in against Charlton to boost our G/D.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I said 14 two games ago so I'll stick with that theory and go for 8.
If we get 12, we could finish fifth.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I think 10 points, predicting:

Huddersfield - 3
Blackpool - 3
Yeovil - 3
Forest - 1

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
There is no reason we can't get 12 points from our next games.

Huddersfield - Wells will give us trouble but they've got a few players suspended and we've got a decent record against them recently. W
Blackpool - Weren't they top after 8/10 games of the season?! They'll go down and we'll put 3/4 past them. W
Yeovil - Tough game but hopefully we can make our quality count. They'll be scrapping for their life though W
Forest - Can't win a game at the moment, awful. We should get at least 1 point there. W

12 points, finish 5th just pipping Wigan to the "easier" Semi-Final v QPR.

Derby v Wigan
QPR v Brighton

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Down to the Wire Part 1 (of 3)

10 and a better goal difference than Reading.

Ticked the wrong box. Ticked 12 by mistake.

Hopefully, this is three wins and a draw needed against Forest. But Reading on the same day may need to to beat Burnley at home, maybe by more than one goal.

Last edited:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
7 I think will be enough looking at the other fixtures.Reading have a awful run, Bournemouth and Ipswich still have to play each other...A point at Huddersfield then two home wins, I think will be enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here