Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many players live locally?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That would mean they all live in Lancing or East Worthing - poor bastards.
Or Shoreham-by-Sea. In which case, lucky bastards 😎👍🏼

Chris O'Grady used to live on Shoreham Beach.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or Shoreham-by-Sea. In which case, lucky bastards 😎👍🏼

Chris O'Grady used to live on Shoreham Beach.
I heard Shore Ham was full and completely gridlocked by wankpanzers.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Where do the current crop live?

Bar a few photos of the South Americans in Hove, and of course Dubk's Hurstpierpoint mansion being on the market, I find it surprising how these millionaire superstars keep a relatively low profile in Sussex.

Where do they all live? Has the Lancing roadworks caused havoc getting to training? Where do De Zerbi and his merry men hang out?
I think that RDZ interview mentioned on his thread said he doesn’t spend that much time here - he may well go back to Italy when he gets any spare time which is where I believe his family are.

Suspect Lallana is West Hove somewhere from the number of times I’ve seen him. Billy Reid definitely was. Used to get picked up for training by Bruno near the Lagoon. Also, I once walked past the Athena B to go to Tesco and noticed a bloke that looked just like Billy eating chips outside. On the way back I realised it was Billy :facepalm:

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Think a few of them live on Shoreham Beach, I believe Cucurella did before he left.

On a slightly related topic, I live in Mash Barn and I think it’s fair to say it’s not the most affluent part of Sussex. If you didn’t know the training ground was there then the sudden influx of young lads turning up in expensive cars with tinted windows would look very suspicious :lolol:
That is correct. Enciso actually moved into Cucurella’s place on Shoreham beach front.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I read that March and Veltman are in the Hove Park area, and Knockaert was there when he played for us. I think the club have a few apartments down at the Marina, but I believe a contractual understanding is that a player should be within 20 mins commute of the training ground
I find this hard to believe. A recommendation but written in a contract? Does Danny Welbeck live down Brighton/Lancing way now?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I read that March and Veltman are in the Hove Park area, and Knockaert was there when he played for us. I think the club have a few apartments down at the Marina, but I believe a contractual understanding is that a player should be within 20 mins commute of the training ground
I think Gross moved into Knockharts place just off Shirley Drive - I’ve seem him walking round the Rec before now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I find this hard to believe. A recommendation but written in a contract? Does Danny Welbeck live down Brighton/Lancing way now?
Yeah and Lallana is still down Bournemouth, but does stay down this way a bit

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Long gone are the days when half of them lived in Greenacres and the Amsterdam!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
if true (i doubt it), it would make players be local, part of the community etc. driving hour or two is not good for a player, looking to get away to "beat traffic".
Also spending several hours a day sitting in their cars: after all, we all know the reason so many PL clubs fly to games is because they don't want their precious assets sat around for too long.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think Gross moved into Knockharts place just off Shirley Drive - I’ve seem him walking round the Rec before now.
When I was a kid my team used to train at hove rec on saturday mornings. I would often see Chris Eubank doing laps. He kicked my ball back a couple of times.

He used to walk up the upper drive from time to time just at Newman chucking out time too. I'm pretty sure that was so he could enjoy all of us excitedly chanting Euuuuubank, Euuuuuubank at him out of the various bus windows.

Not really Albion related but it's about as good a celebrity story as I've got so I may as well tell it here.(y)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
When I was a kid my team used to train at hove rec on saturday mornings. I would often see Chris Eubank doing laps. He kicked my ball back a couple of times.

He used to walk up the upper drive from time to time just at Newman chucking out time too. I'm pretty sure that was so he could enjoy all of us excitedly chanting Euuuuubank, Euuuuuubank at him out of the various bus windows.

Not really Albion related but it's about as good a celebrity story as I've got so I may as well tell it here.(y)
Was that before he bought his Hummer?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think that RDZ interview mentioned on his thread said he doesn’t spend that much time here - he may well go back to Italy when he gets any spare time which is where I believe his family are.

Suspect Lallana is West Hove somewhere from the number of times I’ve seen him. Billy Reid definitely was. Used to get picked up for training by Bruno near the Lagoon. Also, I once walked past the Athena B to go to Tesco and noticed a bloke that looked just like Billy eating chips outside. On the way back I realised it was Billy :facepalm:
With Billy's Glesgae roots, l imagine he is yearning for a deep fried Mars bar or pizza, to accompany his chips.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here