Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many Palace players get into our starting XI?

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Yeah esp as we were above them for all of the season until the very end, taking 4 points off palace in the process...

...oh.

I know your trying to be ironic, but it's not really working. The original point still stands there wasn't much in it on the table and Brighton were clearly the better side in both games. And the question was raised based on the current situation not last season's situation. I would say good effort but in actual fact it wasn't.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know your trying to be ironic, but it's not really working. The original point still stands there wasn't much in it on the table and Brighton were clearly the better side in both games. And the question was raised based on the current situation not last season's situation. I would say good effort but in actual fact it wasn't.

Oh my mistake I hadn't realised we were taking imaginary points, imaginary league standings and imaginary league status into account on this completely different foundationless bragging thread.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Oh my mistake I hadn't realised we were taking imaginary points, imaginary league standings and imaginary league status into account on this completely different foundationless bragging thread.

Again, trying so hard but just not getting anywhere. Unlucky pal. Also, just so you can learn something here it's "foundation less" not "foundationless".

Last edited:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I like this kind and in no way patronising effort to help somebody improve:

Again, trying so hard but just not getting anywhere. Unlucky pal. Also, just so you can learn something here it's "foundation less" not "foundationless".

In the same spirit, may I point out that it's "you're" rather than "your":

I sincerely hope that you have learned something here :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

[emoji106] well said.

How anyone could watch our games against Palace, especially at home where we absolutely battered them for 90mins and not see we’re by far the better team is beyond me.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
[emoji106] well said.

How anyone could watch our games against Palace, especially at home where we absolutely battered them for 90mins and not see we’re by far the better team is beyond me.

Only problem is that you actually have to score more goals than the other team to win games. Style marks, possession, xG shots on target count for nothing. Were there not games last season where you got absolutely battered but somehow came away with a draw or a win? Over the course of 38 games, we were better, because we won more points

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Only problem is that you actually have to score more goals than the other team to win games. Style marks, possession, xG shots on target count for nothing. Were there not games last season where you got absolutely battered but somehow came away with a draw or a win? Over the course of 38 games, we were better, because we won more points

You've highlighted our problem with last season. :lol:

Last edited:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

No, next question.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

No, absolutely none for us last season. Were there many points you picked up last season that you thoroughly deserved?

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
No, absolutely none for us last season. Were there many points you picked up last season that you thoroughly deserved?

Palace fan here.

Yes, there were many. Man United away, Leeds home, Sheff Utd home and away, Wba home and away, Fulham away, Wolves home, Arsenal away, Newcastle away, Everton away and Leicester at home all spring to mind on games that we won or drew amd fully deserved our points. I'm sure there is more as well. Just because we got lucky vs you and beat you unconvincinly 2-1 at the AMEX doesn't mean we played like that in all our other games. And I certainly don't believe you are telling the truth when you say Brighton didn't have any games where you got more points than you deserved.

In regards to the original post and the responses, it seems a bit naive and arrogant of the vast majority of you to say that none or very few Palace players would get into your starting X1. Zaha, Eze and Olise would all comfortably start for you and then I reckon 3 or 4 others would get in. If Palace are so much worse than you then why did we finish above you last season? I know a lot of players are out of contract now but most of them are the older players that are past it. We will prob (after Olise signed yesterday) be buying another 5 or 6 players, id judge us then if you're being fair and accurate on this topic.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Blimey, we are worse than i thought if only Lamptey, White and Biss are getting in their current team (using that word very loosely), hope Bloom is prepared to spend big to improve our sub-standard team as apparently internationals like Sanchez, Veltman, Dunk, Moder, Alzate, Trossard, and Mac Allister arent good enough for a team (ahem) that i finished 3 points ahead of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here