Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Many Of These Defunct English Football Grounds Have You Been To?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
13 (I think) - might not have gone to Rotherham

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I work in Kettering quite often so this lunchtime - perhaps prompted by having done this quiz yesterday - I took a walk up to their old Rockingham Road ground. It's not on the list - perhaps due to it always having been non-league, but it was in use 5 years before the Goldstone and 14 years after it so has a long heritage. Everything is still there - all locked up and gently decaying. It was very poignant to glimpse through the gates and see a pitch that is returning to meadow, and old terraces that now have shrubs and trees growing through them. It certainly puts trips to the Amex into perspective.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Slightly off topic - article about the 92 club in today’s New York Times. Anything that spreads the word about the wonderful world of ‘soccerball’ to the colonies has to be a good thing

Slightly off topic - article about the 92 club in today’s New York Times. Anything that spreads the word about the wonderful world of ‘soccerball’ to the colonies has to be a good thing

A lot on here are quie proud (and rightly so) of their 100 + grounds but I often read Tony Kempsters Non League forum, the geeks on there are often on 1000 + grounds taking in two or three a day. I remember we (Peacehaven) played Guernsey in a lunch time kick off and at half two the train spotters from Suffolk, Devon, Dorset etc couldn't get off quick enough to make kick off at Rottingdean, Newhaven or in one case Worthing United

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
A lot on here are quie proud (and rightly so) of their 100 + grounds but I often read Tony Kempsters Non League forum, the geeks on there are often on 1000 + grounds taking in two or three a day. I remember we (Peacehaven) played Guernsey in a lunch time kick off and at half two the train spotters from Suffolk, Devon, Dorset etc couldn't get off quick enough to make kick off at Rottingdean, Newhaven or in one case Worthing United

Some of us post on there .Geeks indeed :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here