Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many of the 66 england team have you meet

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I saw one of them at an end of season dinner as a guest speaker after one of the Championship seasons, can't remember who it was and God he was boring...one of the full backs maybe?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
None of them have had the pleasure of my company. :)

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Col P said:
for me G. Hurst thats all

Me too! He was in worthing WH Smith a few years back signing his book. The MD of the company I was working for was a mad West Sham fan (shame on him!) and the staff had a collection for his xmas present. We bought Geoff Hurst's book and I got it signed for him. Geoff was a sound bloke.

When we presented the MD with the book at the xmas do, he cried cos he was so chuffed lol. Result!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Martin Peters. I had the delightful pleasure of looking after him one afternoon when I was a committee member of an organisation that he was gust speaker at. Lovely bloke.

George Cohen. He was guest speaker at an Albion bash (he was treated disgracefully by the audience), and I managed to shake his hand and get a picture.

Bobby Charlton. His daughter Suzanne (the former weather woman) lives in the same village as my partner's parents.

Geoff Hurst. He was at a book-signing ceremony at Borders in Brighton about six years ago.

I used to go out with a girl who had been married to a New York Cosmos player. His pal was Pele, she was friends with many of the others in the squad, and Bobby Moore (who she spoke very highly of, real gentleman etc).

Unfortunately, because she had left that part of her life behind, she didn't want to talk about it - so we couldn't discuss anything to do with football.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bobby Charlton
Geoff Hurst
Alan Ball
Martin Peters
Martin Chivers

all at some pro-celebrity golf thing I got dragged around once.

Still, on the bright side, I also got to meet Brucey, Tarby, Kenny Lynch, Roger DeCourcey AND Nooky the Bear

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here