How many NSC members work at Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Following on from the other thread, how many of us work for the biggest company in Sussex?

There's me and Poke, but I know there are others!

33.jpg

f*** off you MESS

CBO

Very well, Rod Clarke was in the year above me at St Pauls and I remember Derek. There was the driver guy too but the rest you'll need to remind me of. We had a lot to do with them a part of our job was to do the mailing of the billings. Did you ever see those machines ? Visitors would be far more interested in the Bell and Howell than any of the IBM Computer gear. My claim to fame was that I was the first person to use an IBM 1275 OCR reader sorter, something that really belongs in the past !

AHH THE OLD 1275 RELPACED BY THE 3890'S DO YOU REMEMBER KEVIN BARRY AT ST PAULS GAVE ME THE SLIPPER!!!!!!:facepalm: DID MY TIME IN STATEMENT REVIEW WITH S/L MARY DREW:thumbsup:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
AHH THE OLD 1275 RELPACED BY THE 3890'S DO YOU REMEMBER KEVIN BARRY AT ST PAULS GAVE ME THE SLIPPER!!!!!!:facepalm: DID MY TIME IN STATEMENT REVIEW WITH S/L MARY DREW:thumbsup:

Kevin Barry, bit of a fanatical Catholic but a damn good teacher, his death was more than just a little tragic. Yes, the 3890s were long after my time though. Funnily enough OCR went but came back in (in a rather different guise) when PCs arrived. I wonder how much that old and pointless 'Country Club' system of returning ROCS to account holders cost Amex over the years. I can't believe they do it now.

17 years service of the blue box

Kevin Barry, bit of a fanatical Catholic but a damn good teacher, his death was more than just a little tragic. Yes, the 3890s were long after my time though. Funnily enough OCR went but came back in (in a rather different guise) when PCs arrived. I wonder how much that old and pointless 'Country Club' system of returning ROCS to account holders cost Amex over the years. I can't believe they do it now.
:angel: GOD BLESS THE ROCS!!!! I LIKE THE 42'S KEPT ME BUSY ALL SHIFT SORTING THEM LITTLE BEAUT, KEVIN BARRY OLD SCHOOL GOD BLESS.:clap:

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I did my time there.....TUPE'd to IBM backin 2003. I remember Pasty and co. Rod and Rory and the CBO guys. They were mostly good times and would go back if the right role came up but has to be said, you can get quite institutionalised at that place!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I did my time there.....TUPE'd to IBM backin 2003. I remember Pasty and co. Rod and Rory and the CBO guys. They were mostly good times and would go back if the right role came up but has to be said, you can get quite institutionalised at that place!

Hello mate. Long time no see/speak :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports