Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many non seagulls fans do you know that are now trying to go to every game?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I bumped into two people yesterday who have never been to the Withdean but went to the first game at the AMEX, loved it so much that they've been to every game since. Very bizarre, but fantastic to boot. One of them was/is a Chelsea fan, the other a Liverpool fan. Some argument as to who they will support when Liverpool come.

The fanbase is increasingly massively and I can see a big need to increase the stadium very soon.

Sep 20, 2005
I know loads. It must be at least twelve. Arsenal, Liverpool, West Ham, Man U, Spurs, Chelsea, you name it.

Which is great and all, except that I haven't been to one and I've been watching the Albion since the early 70's. The Goldstone, Priestfield, Withdean and a few away matches. Why haven't I been? Because I can't buy a ticket. The online sales page won't let me and the shop won't allow me to buy a ticket because I don't have any loyalty points. How do I get these loyalty points? I have to buy a ticket.

I wish they had chosen some word other than loyalty.

I understand why these people go, and I'm happy for them and the club, but it's very frustrating, I can tell you.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
It's just timing 1959, the club have sold about 500+ Palace tickets today to people with zero loyalty points so you build them up like that. Got to be ready for when they go on sale though.

Sep 20, 2005
It's just timing 1959, the club have sold about 500+ Palace tickets today to people with zero loyalty points so you build them up like that. Got to be ready for when they go on sale though.

I wish it was just timing.

I got logged on straight away this morning and got all the way through the process until checkout, when it refused to go any further. No loyalty points, no ticket.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I wish it was just timing.

I got logged on straight away this morning and got all the way through the process until checkout, when it refused to go any further. No loyalty points, no ticket.

Its not loyalty points you're missing then, you don't need those, its purchase history. Are you using the same fan number you had when you bought tickets for Withdean last season? If you don't know it call up the ticket office and ask them for it.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Well pretty much everyone who constantly reminded me 'Brighton are shit' during Primary and Secondary school now go to almost every home game.

They leave their United/Arsenal shirts at home now though and they don the stripes.

Sep 20, 2005
Its not loyalty points you're missing then, you don't need those, its purchase history. Are you using the same fan number you had when you bought tickets for Withdean last season? If you don't know it call up the ticket office and ask them for it.

Yes, it's the same fan number I've had since the first games at Withdean.

Sep 20, 2005
Did you buy a ticket from the club during the last 3 seasons at Withdean? If you did, then log on now and get one of the last remaining tickets for palace

Been buying tickets for years. Been on the website all morning since 9.25. As described above, it takes me through the whole process until checkout, when it refuses to let me buy for me and my mate.

Sep 20, 2005
If your having trouble try calling the club or going into either of the shops to speak to someone directly and you will get sorted. Good luck

I've tried calling the club for an hour this morning. Unsurprisingly, it's been engaged.

Walked down to the shop but there was a queue down the road.

Pretty much given up now.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Been buying tickets for years. Been on the website all morning since 9.25. As described above, it takes me through the whole process until checkout, when it refuses to let me buy for me and my mate.

Is your mate registered and do you both have your accounts linked to each other?

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
I've tried calling the club for an hour this morning. Unsurprisingly, it's been engaged.

Walked down to the shop but there was a queue down the road.

Pretty much given up now.

Unfortunately this is part and parcel of non STH's of a club that is doing well. Queues at the shop and on the phones are expected for games, especially big games. I think it its all determinded on how bad you really want to go? If I was you I would go into the shop when its quieter and get them to sort your online account out for you so it works properly.

Sep 20, 2005
Unfortunately this is part and parcel of non STH's of a club that is doing well. Queues at the shop and on the phones are expected for games, especially big games. I think it its all determinded on how bad you really want to go? If I was you I would go into the shop when its quieter and get them to sort your online account out for you so it works properly.

Yes, I know and I understand all that. I have spent many, many hours in the past queueing for tickets both on Queen's Road and outside the Goldstone. So I'm sure you didn't mean it but that comment about how badly I want to go kind of hurt a little.

I did go in last week during a quiet time precisely because I could envisage this exact situation today. I had, after all, been trying for a while by now. They told me there's nothing they can do, it's a problem with the website and all I can do is write to the club. This I have done with, I hope, a brief and measured explanation of my problem, i.e. no ranting and raving. I have had zero response.

I hate to whinge and moan, so while I appreciate the help and advice offered today, I've tried it all and got nowhere. The tickets are all gone so that's that. I'd like to stop now.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Have I missed something here ? How can they not be Albion fans if they go to every game ? Granted anybody who goes to any Palace game can be considered a masochist (sexaul deviant in fact).

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I know a couple of Liverpool fans who are badgering the shit out of me to get them tickets for the game. Even if I could, I would refuse. Why should they get tickets in the home end, when long standing supporters like 1959 can't get one? Its disgusting. I have a few gooners who want to go and even a Palace fan who is a very good friend, and even he realises that it would be wrong to take tickets off of home fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here