Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many new players do you think the squad needs

How many new players do you think the squad needs?

• None

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 5 5.3%

Votes: 13 13.8%

Votes: 28 29.8%

Votes: 27 28.7%
  • 7 or more

Votes: 18 19.1%

• Total voters

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
6 ( possibly including 2 season long loans )

Essential :
Goal Keeper
Left Back
Central defender
Striker

Less urgent :
A wide / creative midfielder.
Another striker ( this may be Goodwin if he's not loaned out again ).

[On top of this, replacements for Ulloa, Buckley, and Agustien if they move on].

Nearly with you:

URGENT:
Goalkeeper; centre half; left back; wide forward

LESS URGENT:
centre forward; and -- depending on what Sami's got in mind for Ince -- a centre half or defensive midfielder.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
...and we only get players in they are better than we have.

So that's 8 new First Choice players?

In 2012 we signed 9 new first team squad players before end of window

Kus, Bruno, bridge, crofts, Orlandi, Hammond, Dobbie and Lopez. We also re signed Vicente.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
...So idea that 6-8 new players is without precedent is mistaken.

Also idea that we have "no players left" is wide off the mark. We have 18 players who featured in first team squads last season + Toko who is presumably part of our 24/25 strong first team squad for 14/15,

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A speculation of an implication of a defective? Blimey, don't commit yourself...

Even if you firmed this up, I don't see how you come to that conclusion with the second two. They're two of our best players (when fit, of course).

I suspect that's exactly why he thinks they may be going.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
A speculation of an implication of a defective? Blimey, don't commit yourself...

Even if you firmed this up, I don't see how you come to that conclusion with the second two. They're two of our best players (when fit, of course).

Nothing more than speculation that those 2 are the ones that we could be getting bids for which we can't turn down.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Of the main matchday squad we've lost PIG, Ward, Upson, El-Abd, Lingard, Andrews, Orlandi, Spanish Dave. However, Toko has come in to replace Andrews and March can take the place of Dave on the right, so I make that 6 down.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I said seven because of the injuries to Crofts and Stephens. Otherwise only five.

A 23 man squad would be enough for most teams, leaving room for one or two signings in January of we are in contention and have injuries. Roughly two for each position and a third keeper.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Considering we have lost
2 keepers, left back, centre back, 2 central midfielders, a wide man, 3 strikers then we may need 10 replacements.
Kuzsczak, Brezovan, Ward, Upson, Andrews, Orlandi, Lopez, Lingaard, Hoskins, Rodrigeuz.

At least a keeper, left back, 3rd centre back (Ince), winger and striker to compete with CMS and Ulloa plus others to make sure we are competitive so 2 decent players in every position with developments to supplement via injuries and suspensions.

It could be a costly summer

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The two unknowns as far as I can see are Ince and Agustien. If Hyypia wants Ince to play at the back - a backward step in more ways than one IMHO - then that potentially solves one positional problem. But it would mean that either Dunk or Ince are on the bench most weeks.

Then if Hyypia can salvage something from the Kemy situation, we have the equivalent of a new signing, albeit not in a position where we're especially thin. But it does give us the option of a player swap for someone who does fill a need, if we can find a manager who believes he can solve the Agustien enigma ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here