Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many more games has Hypia got, if the current 8 league run without a win continues?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I really don't get this new squad thing, two months and the players still can't play or understand the system. Yes it's worked ok away from home however at home with the exception of the Cardiff game we have been woeful.

We don't have all the time in the world, at this rate we will be playing in front of gates of 20,000 and losing more money. I think the compensation paid out would be balanced out by improved results. Sorry but I really can't see improved results under Hypia. I really hope I am wrong as I'm not one for hire and fire but something has to change to improve results and keep the crowd.

Just off to wet the bed........

Quiet, £5,000 a week and upwards and they don't understand the system, we're being mugged off! I can only agree with your comments, these are dangerous times.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Ahhh yes, the Stockport game was the year before. Either way, you see my point.
Sure. It was Poyet who kept them up then took them up with ease the next season. Very regrettable how things panned out but it was mainly down to Poyet it seems. The Fin has to turn things round big time and quick or as you say it might be too late. Apart from maybe Blackpool the rest are getting their act together and won't be offering us charity!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Sure. It was Poyet who kept them up then took them up with ease the next season. Very regrettable how things panned out but it was mainly down to Poyet it seems. The Fin has to turn things round big time and quick or as you say it might be too late. Apart from maybe Blackpool the rest are getting their act together and won't be offering us charity!

I have read on a couple of occasions that the team is buying into SH's philosophy, but of course when players say this, they are mindful of the fact that as club employees they must adhere to club rules, which surely state that they cannot come out with anything negative in the press without prior approval, which I am sure would be denied. So, we do not really know if this is true or not, as they must toe the party line. Last week SH was on record as saying that one or two players had given up when we went two down, which does not suggest that they were as loyal to the system as has been made out. Perhaps they realised that under this system, irrespective of how hard they try, results would not go our way. Obviously, we do not know all the facts, and thus much on NSC is speculation, but when the manager starts to insinuate that players are not really giving their all, then something is amiss.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Am I reading too much into SH interview on player where he said he hopes to turn it round with this squad if not he will bring in others. Has he been given the green light to sign the players he wants to make his system work if necessary

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I've been thinking about this all day, and I reckon that Hyppia probably has another 10 games. Fast forward to the 23-game mark, halfway through the season, and see where we are then.

If we are still pretty much in the same position as we are now, I genuinely believe that the board will act, because let's face it, by then it will be a relegation fight we are in.

Results really do need to improve and sharpish, and I reckon he needs at least 4-5 wins in those next 10 games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Am I reading too much into SH interview on player where he said he hopes to turn it round with this squad if not he will bring in others. Has he been given the green light to sign the players he wants to make his system work if necessary

It appears that I am not if you read the new thread about this.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I've been thinking about this all day, and I reckon that Hyppia probably has another 10 games. Fast forward to the 23-game mark, halfway through the season, and see where we are then.

If we are still pretty much in the same position as we are now, I genuinely believe that the board will act, because let's face it, by then it will be a relegation fight we are in.

Results really do need to improve and sharpish, and I reckon he needs at least 4-5 wins in those next 10 games.

Have you seen the table at the moment ? We're already in a relegation battle

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Can't see that being true, it will be one from a list of cheapies put together by Barber and Burke

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wonder whether I'll be starting a thread tonight with reference to how long has the manager got, given that we are now 9 league games without a win. I seriously hope not - but the odds are I will.

Have a word with yourself FFS. You could always have - oh I don't know - er, NOT started a thread? Just a thought.

Self-important dullard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here