Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many more before the deadline?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Maybe 1 or 2 loans to see us through until Baleba is ready and Mazilu arrives in January/Enciso is fit.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Bit strange we were after Kudos before Enciso got injured , so you would think we would be all out for some cover there.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Doesn't feel like we'll see much on the way in after Baleba. Better to wait to buy the right player rather than buy the wrong one now I suppose - it's a policy that's served us pretty well.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
So we all hope Fati is confirmed today. Do we think we are done otherwise? I'm hoping for a full back, but there is no noise at all on that so not seemingly likely

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd love another defensively minded player, ideally a full back, but I'm not going to be upset if this is all we get.

We've done very well.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I'd love another defensively minded player, ideally a full back, but I'm not going to be upset if this is all we get.

We've done very well.
Yep. I was really hoping we might find a way to get Barco but I think Boca progressing in the Copa Libertadores has scuppered any chance of that. Can’t complain of course, but feeling persists that we’re a bit light at the back.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Ins so far;
Milner and Dahoud for free
Adrian Mazilu ( not into first team squad)
Joaoa Pedro
Bart V
Igor
Baleba
Fati
( and then there’s the return from loan of Adingra.

Out of first team squad
Caicedo
Alimac
Sanchez

Enciso injured.

( I’m not counting Alzate as he may well be off too)

So 8 into first team squad and three out with one injury for first half of season. Have i missed anyone?

I’d like Barco in even if it was to immediately go out on loan until January.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Ins so far;
Milner and Dahoud for free
Adrian Mazilu ( not into first team squad)
Joaoa Pedro
Bart V
Igor
Baleba
Fati
( and then there’s the return from loan of Adingra.

Out of first team squad
Caicedo
Alimac
Sanchez

Enciso injured.

( I’m not counting Alzate as he may well be off too)

So 8 into first team squad and three out with one injury for first half of season. Have i missed anyone?

I’d like Barco in even if it was to immediately go out on loan until January.
Colwill

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The full ins/outs and the current state of the squad are in this thread

When thinking about squad strength then worth bearing in mind that Hinshelwood, Samuels, and (possibly) Furlong might play a role if it comes to that.

The full ins/outs confirmed so far were >>

Players bought in Summer 2023: Joao Pedro (£30m/Watford/2028) , Dahoud (Free/Dortmund/2027) , Milner (Free/Liverpool, 2024+1), Verbruggen (£16m/Anderlecht/2028), Mazilu (£2.5m/FCV Farul Constanta/Jan Window), Igor Julio (£16.5m / Fiorentina/ 2027), Slater (2026/ Preston), Atom (2026/RB Leipzig/u21), Baleba (£23m + 4m/ Lille).
Players sold in Summer 2023: Richards (QPR), MacAllister (£35m/55m, Liverpool), Tsongui (Feyenoord), Khadra (£1.7m, Reims). Connolly (£1.2m/Hull), Sanchez (£20m+5m Chelsea), Karbownik (£2m/Hertha Berlin), Caicedo (£100+15m/Chelsea)
New Summer 2023 Contracts: McGill (2025), Sarmiento (2028), Baker-Boitey (2024 +1), Kavanagh (2024 + 1), Veltman (2025), Turns (2025 +1), Dunk (2026), Furlong (2025), Van Hecke (2025), Leonard (2025 + 1), Rushworth (2027), Offiah (2025)
Summer 2023 Season Long Loans: Beadle (Oxford Utd), Sima (Rangers), Scherpen (2025/Sturm Graz), Koslowski (2026/Vitesse Arnhem), Sarmiento (2027+1 Year Option/ WBA), Leonard (2025+ 1 yr/Northampton), Rushworth (Swansea), Turns (2025+1/Leyton Orient), Undav (2026/Stuttgart), Weir (Blackpool), Offiah (Hearts), Ayari (2027/Coventry), Moran (2027/Blackburn), Peupion (2024/Cheltenham)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And expecting
- Alzate and Zeqiri to leave permanently - not necessarily today given how the windows line up as outgoings are allowed post Sept 1st.
- Fati to be confirmed
- Maybe further u21 loans.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As I wrote on the Fati thread, I get the impression that if RDZ desperately wanted a player/position strengthened, the team would be on it to the same extent that they seemingly were/are with Fati. So I get the impression he'll be happy enough, which is good enough for me. Having said that, I'm not ruling out someone else coming in – don't know who, or what position, it's just a hunch.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m just a bit worried about Baleba, we really need him but when will he be ready to play every game? It might be months.

In addition, if Pervis gets injured, our world class left side is significantly impacted. Milner, Lamptey or Igor are nowhere near Pervis levels. Barco would be great as surely, the big offers will be coming in for Pervis soon. The likes of Manure would love him if they weren’t tied up with FFP restraints.

So, ideally for me, we get a loan for an experienced DM (even Ndidi for a season would be good) and get Barco done (even with a loan back to Boca until January).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here