Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How many midfielders are we actually seriously after?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I cant be arsed, but a trawl of Big Board would surely realise about 20 midfielders we are 'linked' with according to some spoof social media account or unnamed source.

Is there any chance we can adduce who is actually at all likely?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Most of it is clearly clickbait- we are a big draw now that out recruitment is so lauded. Possibly agent stuff too.
I do think we will want at least one CM who comes in as a first team squad member.
Lots of people point to Moder or the players on loan filling the gap, but none of those players have kicked a ball under RDZ.
We should also (hopefully) be playing a lot more games next season.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
I would imagine 2 to back-up Mac allister and Caicedo. Then, obviously one more to replace Mac allister. Maybe someone to cover lallana? I would guess 3 to 4.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Supply and demand. If we buy all the midfielders, we can set the price globally.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
With Alzate set to return, and Moder potentially back too… I’d argue we’ll see 2 new CMs… one we have apparently ‘already signed’, with another to follow. If Moises departs we could add another…

As for who they’ll turn out to be ? Lord only knows… we’ve been linked with every slightly less than elite level CM from here to Timbuktu.

It’s going to be a long and befuddling summer…

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Moder, Moran, Ayari, Gilmour, Bunanotte, Lallana, Milner - possibly even Caicedo if the Mac Alister sale is an indicator that prices are starting to fall - Gross, Hinshelwood. Maybe we'll be concentrating more on CBs and FBs - and of course a GK* now that Sanchez has been frozen out.

McGill, Rushworth and Beadle all very good - we just don't know how good yet.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We have already signed a ten Pedro
...and Mahmoud Dahoud (who I forgot about in my list of our existing MFs)

SSN luvvies discussing Villa in the break of the Soccer Aid match - praising how well Emery as done (which he has), but also how well he and Villa have done to have qualified for the Europa League next season. Shockingly under-researched punditry. Pillocks.

Last edited:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
SSN luvvies discussing Villa in the break of the Soccer Aid match -praising how well Emery as done (which he has), but also how well he and Villa have done to have qualified for the Europa Leage next season. Shockingly under-researched punditry. Pillocks.
Villa aren't as massive as Massive or Champions of Europe like Leeds but they are clearly a very successful side with a rags to riches story which has culminated in European qualification alongside Real Madrid, PSG and Manchester City.

have we officially signed Milner yet? hes out of contract so i guess not subject to the transfer window?? Anyway why the F with all these talented youngsters do we want another aging player who will be lucky to get a dozen games out of..As much as i appreciate the effort Lallana played when he first joined us, we havent really missed him (or Trossard ) so given the choice i'd pass on Milner. I think end of season Buanetti (sp?) started to show promise and Enciso with goal of the season apparantly (!) might just be a good one.. For me focus needs to be on replacement for Colwill. Not sure we'll get another season out of Lamptey which is a shame.
I'm also hoping Webster rebuilds his confidence during close season as he was a bit of a liability in the few games he played at the end of the season, and unlike others, he didnt have the tired legs excuse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here