Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many loyal Royals at the Riverside?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Pathetic thread from us, how arrogant and deluded!

Our 600 to forest was poor considering the circumstances. Reading are playing for nothing and it's a Tuesday night in boro ffs

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Well said Bombadier, My point made earlier was directed at your fans who are utterly deluded. Probably young new fans who have just swelled your ranks with the new stadium. And know no different. Your 1k or so average over us with a population double ours. Really isn't anything to crow about. I have said it before and will say it again. I hope you go up with us.It's just your pompous, aloof brigade need to stop letting the rest of you down.Just for the record here's our history of attendances.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/bha.htm

Boros
http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/midd.htm

And all Boro fans are really down to earth, none of them are celebrating promotion already and none of them believe they have a divine right to be in the PL just because they've spent ludicrous sums of money in the past couple of seasons.

Every club has its delusional pricks, don't try and make out that Boro are any different.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Our away support could be a lot better (numbers wise) but we have taken approx 9000 fans to our last 3 away games :wink:

Boro.mfc

Apr 7, 2016
Our match day ticket prices are too expensive. Championship should have £25 limit next season as the premier is limited to £30

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I agree some of our fans are arrogant and deluded. But this thread seems to be more about the semi-rivalry between two southern clubs. Reading don't particularly like us and we reciprocate. Not really to do with Boro with respect.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Twenty is plenty. Get people through the door, bums on seats and you'll see an upturn in atmosphere and interest. Reading had absolutely nothing to play for last night, why would their fans spend all the money getting to Middlesbrough for a dead rubber? Obviously it's not ideal for Boro having 100 people show up to support the away team, as it's never ideal for us when Northern clubs have to come down here during midweek. The FA really should have a think about which games get scheduled for which days - on the assumption they're interested in any way at all about the fan experience and away attendances.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The FA really should have a think about which games get scheduled for which days - on the assumption they're interested in any way at all about the fan experience and away attendances.

This was once the case but now they prioritise local aways on saturdays to maximise day tripper attendance. Either way it wouldn't have affected this game as it was a rearranged game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Twenty is plenty. Get people through the door, bums on seats and you'll see an upturn in atmosphere and interest. Reading had absolutely nothing to play for last night, why would their fans spend all the money getting to Middlesbrough for a dead rubber? Obviously it's not ideal for Boro having 100 people show up to support the away team, as it's never ideal for us when Northern clubs have to come down here during midweek. The FA really should have a think about which games get scheduled for which days - on the assumption they're interested in any way at all about the fan experience and away attendances.

In fairness, this game was re-arranged as Reading were still in the Cup for the original date.

And its the FL who sort the fixtures, not the FA.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Yep we do make ourselves look like absolute dickheads in relation to this. A message to fans of Boro, Reading, Palace or whoever - NSC is NOT representative of the views of Brighton fans as a whole, it is made up of a tiny minority of our support who are for the most part socially incompetent keyboard saddos who spend too much time on here. We don't all think we're Real Madrid or think northern towns are all slag heap shit holes.

Well said Botty.
The Brighton fans I've met ( not many) have been sound blokes, who knew where they came from.
This new type of fan think it's all about selling out and having massive support, and ridiculing other clubs and their fan bases.
As others have pointed out, your away support this season is shocking, you had better at the Withdean.
Hats off to your home numbers, but some of you need to get real and remember the old days.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Well said Botty.
The Brighton fans I've met ( not many) have been sound blokes, who knew where they came from.
This new type of fan think it's all about selling out and having massive support, and ridiculing other clubs and their fan bases.
As others have pointed out, your away support this season is shocking, you had better at the Withdean.
Hats off to your home numbers, but some of you need to get real and remember the old days.

The problem is that I don't think it is just the 'new' fans. I think there are a number of old timers that have had a chip on their shoulder from when we were at Withdean and had to put up with a lot of crap from some teams. I personally used to get loads of grief about our 'stadium' from fans of all the London clubs (Bromley Boy).

I think they have then enjoyed these days too much and feel that all other clubs with a similar size stadium should be the same as us in terms of attendance.

Boro.mfc

Apr 7, 2016

Exactly my thoughts. Midweek night matches and 600 mile round trips = poor show from the FL/FA

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
NSC is NOT representative of the views of Brighton fans as a whole, it is made up of a tiny minority of our support who are for the most part socially incompetent keyboard saddos who spend too much time on here.
How can I help?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well said Botty.
This isn't a Palace thread, so why are you on here insulting NSC members?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
NSC is NOT representative of the views of Brighton fans as a whole, it is made up of a tiny minority of our support who are for the most part socially incompetent keyboard saddos who spend too much time on here. We don't all think we're Real Madrid or think northern towns are all slag heap shit holes.

Okay, I own up.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Well said Botty.
It's very reasonable, and far from shocking.

Why are you insulting the albion on this thread ?

Boro website says 148 Had a chat with three of them before the game, and they were really nice people. I honestly can't believe the shoite that comes from you lot. 600 at Forest last night was nothing short of pathetic. Sky or no Sky Boro that's Boro not Borough like most of you spell it would have had 6k there not 600 given the tickets.[/QUOTE

Why is it Boro are so well followed away from home but the Riverside always looks empty?

Surprised that many Borough fans would travel there on a Monday,thought you'd all be at home, at it with yer kids.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Well said Botty.

Oh do feck off

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Where's Working Class Pride when you need him?

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here