Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many hours a day do you spend at work?

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
I'm paid for 7 hours but almost never work less than 8 and frequently it's 10+. On top of that I'm formally (i.e. paid to be) on call overnight every other week, such as tonight when I've been working since 5am (just having a quick break now on NSC). On top of that I'm informally (i.e. unpaid) on call 24/7 because my boss expects to be able to contact me about every trivial little thing that comes up.

Astonishingly, part of the reason I originally took this job was for the work/life balance. But that was when it was a nailed-on 9-5 with any overtime paid and purely voluntary. Times have changed.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
8 hours,anything over i get o/t,i get 13 weeks holiday a year:p

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Things have changed recently for me the last few years but the previous 20 years i was at least 3 times a week if not more doing about 17 hours a day,looking back it was awful for my health but in a way i miss it,

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
9:02 - 4:58. Up to a year ago I had a very stressful managerial role ( not football related! ) and was regularly working 50-60 hour weeks

I didn't sleep very well and never switched off

I managed somehow to take a much lower grade job in the company 12 months ago, no stress, no drama, 9-5. and somehow keep my previous salary!

It may not be much if a challenge but it's a lifestyle choice. At 34 I felt like I was 55 and just worn out, now I feel 25 again

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
5 minute walk from work. 7.5 hours monday-friday, that time includes a half hour paid break. I work one of four shifts, earliest starting at 07.15 and the latest finishing at 4.30.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Work four shifts a week from 20:30 until on average 08:00, three minute drive home makes life easy though :) other than a few texts or calls, no work is ever needed from home

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Nearly always work 9 - 5.35 (purely for train times) and usually take between 45 minutes and an hour for lunch, so I guess my average working time is about 7.45.

Then another 3 hours or more travelling :down:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Can literally be anything from 45 minutes to 20 hours. Basically as long as it takes to get a job done.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I work 5am-2pm Monday-Thursday, and 5am-9am on Fridays, I do extra hours when we are busy, but only if I'm being paid for it.

No wonder you look so old. You must be up everyday for 0430 at the very latest

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Normally get to work just after 7am but start working around 8am, finish at 4pm. Then stay 3 times a week until about 5.30-6pm. Monday to Friday. However I get 13 weeks holiday, so, can't really grumble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here