Subs
1 Peter Brezovan
6 Adam El-Abd
8 Andrew Crofts
9 Ashley Barnes 64'
18 Gary Dicker
22 Marcos Painter
25 Kazenga LuaLua 72'

Wow, not a single one of them are still here (Kaz is as good as gone). That was a disappointing night at the Amex and I lost my coat! :tantrum:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm sure CH gets it, as no don't his brother has spoken to him about his experience of ending Gerry Ryan's career and then being subjected to one of the most hostile Goldstone crowds ever towards one player.

I seem to recall that the radio commentator accused the Brighton crowd of being racist - he obviously didn't realise why we were treating him quite so badly.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Yeah, for the fans its big, for the players, it is the next opportunity to pick up Premier League points, nothing more, nothing less.

If the players go into the biggest derby in 5 years treating it as just another game, we will get smashed. You simply cannot have that attitude for a game like this, the opposition with swarm you

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Hughton played in Tottenham Arsenal fixtures, his Brother is part of the history between the clubs, he gets it, but how does he go into it? Steve Coppell understood the fixture when he was our manager, but tried to play it down, we got stuffed. I am pretty sure Chris Hughton will not make the same mistake, and I would not be surprised if Tony has an extra win bonus on offer for this one.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
If the players go into the biggest derby in 5 years treating it as just another game, we will get smashed. You simply cannot have that attitude for a game like this, the opposition with swarm you

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Don't agree ,sometimes you can get too caught up and mistakes happen .I think the guys need to play their game as we have from the start of season and put derby fever to one side and concentrate on doing what we do best .

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Ryan - new signing but I reckon he gets what derby games are about, Dunk will have told him all about it

Bong - not sure if he completely "gets it" but he's always committed and probably won't put a foot wrong
Duffy - he'll know, hope he goes through Zaha like a battering ram
Dunk - obvious, local boy and has played against Palace before, he completely gets it
Bruno - gets it, has played against Palace, absolute warrior

Izquierdo - new signing from foreign country, probably doesn't "get it" as such but will give his all
Pröpper - see above
Stephens - hasn't played against Palace but he's spoken in interviews about how he's been looking forward to it, he knows what the derby is about
Knockaert - will be eager to impress whether he gets the derby or not

Groß - he's been told about it based on Naylor's tweets, alpha mentality workhorse who will run them ragged

Murray - no words needed, he's been at both clubs and knows both sides of the story, not believing any rubbish that he won't give his all for us in the game - he's a good professional

possible other players:

Hemed - might not "get it" but will give his all
March - local boy, was once part of Palace's youth set up, he'll know what the derby means
Rosenior - he gets it, but likewise he'll know how to go about preparing for it
Sidwell - won't be playing but I reckon he'll know what it's all about

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hughton played in Tottenham Arsenal fixtures, his Brother is part of the history between the clubs, he gets it, but how does he go into it? Steve Coppell understood the fixture when he was our manager, but tried to play it down, we got stuffed. I am pretty sure Chris Hughton will not make the same mistake, and I would not be surprised if Tony has an extra win bonus on offer for this one.

Sorry but if he resorts to his usual unnecessary touchline histrionics he can do one. Overexcited fool, will bring shame on the club.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don't agree ,sometimes you can get too caught up and mistakes happen .I think the guys need to play their game as we have from the start of season and put derby fever to one side and concentrate on doing what we do best .

Exactly. We've treated these games as too big in the past, tensed up, made poor decisions, put too much pressure on ourselves. Teams that win their derby games are the teams on the day that have the clearest heads.

BhafcBlues

Mar 7, 2016
Brighton
Ryan - new signing but I reckon he gets what derby games are about, Dunk will have told him all about it

Bong - not sure if he completely "gets it" but he's always committed and probably won't put a foot wrong
Duffy - he'll know, hope he goes through Zaha like a battering ram
Dunk - obvious, local boy and has played against Palace before, he completely gets it
Bruno - gets it, has played against Palace, absolute warrior

Izquierdo - new signing from foreign country, probably doesn't "get it" as such but will give his all
Pröpper - see above
Stephens - hasn't played against Palace but he's spoken in interviews about how he's been looking forward to it, he knows what the derby is about
Knockaert - will be eager to impress whether he gets the derby or not

Groß - he's been told about it based on Naylor's tweets, alpha mentality workhorse who will run them ragged

Murray - no words needed, he's been at both clubs and knows both sides of the story, not believing any rubbish that he won't give his all for us in the game - he's a good professional

possible other players:

Hemed - might not "get it" but will give his all
March - local boy, was once part of Palace's youth set up, he'll know what the derby means
Rosenior - he gets it, but likewise he'll know how to go about preparing for it
Sidwell - won't be playing but I reckon he'll know what it's all about

“‏היה מרגש לשחק באולד טראפורד בשבת, אבל המשחק מחר הרבה יותר משמעותי מבחינתנו
‏If you thought Saturday was a big game, be ready for tomorrow!
‏⁦‪#BHAFC‬⁩ ⁦‪#TH10‬⁩ ⁦‪#keepthefaith‬⁩ 🔵⚪️”

Hemed gets it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hodgson obviously a Palace fan so will fully get it.

Puncheon is from Croydon and Zaha as documented gets it.

Anyone else ?

Bruno has played in it. Dunk I'm not sure has ?

Don't think Stephens was involved back then either.

Any others

Murray clearly knows both sides

Hard to see Hughton seeing it as anything than 3 points up for grabs

Does it make any difference ?

Gross doesn't agree:-

"But Crystal Palace is a different game. They are at the bottom of the table and they will fight for their lives, because Palace-Brighton is a big game.

"I know. The manager has talked to me all week that it's a big game!

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/156...ss_wises_up_to_the_Premier_League/?ref=twtrec

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
#FFSDunk being sent off in Dec 2012. 5 long years ago, almost to the day, and being watched by a certain GM from afar.
Please not again ...

lewisdunk.jpg ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here