Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] How many grammes of dried pasta do you cook per person?

How much dried pasta per person?

• More than 75g

Votes: 56 39.4%
  • The suggested 75g serving

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • Less than 75g

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Who weighs pasta?

Votes: 55 38.7%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gram is predominantly used in 🇺🇸 American (US) English ( en-US ) while gramme is predominantly used in 🇬🇧 British English (used in UK/AU/NZ) ( en-GB ). In the United States, there is a preference for "gram" over "gramme" (100 to 0). In the United Kingdom, there is a preference for "gram" over "gramme" (99 to 1).

Oh, @Bozza , Bozza. You are the one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Depends who I'm cooking for. I might eat over 75g, but kids won't. Usually a bit under 75 on average I'd say.

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
I don’t comment much, but it may surprise most, this is an often discussed and debated descion between me and nrs snowflake.
I normally measure out 75g and think. There is no f#@king way that’s going to touch my hunger. However after eating the garlic bread. There’s often an extra portion that isn‘t eaten, that sits in the fridge for a week…

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
People actually weigh pasta before chucking it in a boiling saucepan? I just bung some in a sieve and if it looks about right, then in it goes.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I cook about 250g for two (no weighing, just half a 500g bag), which gives us a decent meal and plenty of leftovers. Why wouldn't you want some leftover pasta?

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
90 to 100 grams each depending on how hungry I am. We have a spaghetti measuring thing we bought back from Sorrento which I think delivers 75g max each. Next month we are in northern Italy for two weeks touring around and I intend to eat my body weight in pasta.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Screenshot_20230729-174028~2.png

GallodiMare

Apr 14, 2023
As I am an Italian dude, 500g x 3 or 4 people. As a single meal, I mean, without a second course. With all the appropriate seasonings for the occasion: meat sauce, eggs and bacon (carbonara), spaghetti with clams and bottarga (mullet roe), spaghetti with seafood, pasta with four cheeses, prawns and courgettes, and with all the toppings you can think of. But please don't mix pasta with fruit. Everything else is always fine, as long as you cook the pasta al dente (it doesn't have to be a glue). However, I give you a piece of advice, avoid pasta after the age of 60. It contains carbohydrates that turn into starches and then into sugars. Sugars are good, everyone likes them, but they are bad for a healthy life

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
My wife’s obsessed with keeping track of her calorie intake so 75g on the nose. If I’m doing it, quite a bit more!

Please let season start soon (though this was better than talking about Fabrizio bloody Romano).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here