GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Pretty much every game you would care to watch is now available to view on the internet in one form or another , im not sure this has as yet a vast impact on travelling fans across the country but it will play some part in the decline if indeed there is one .

Im not sure what others spend at a typical away match but with travel a few pints a ticket for the game you wont see much change from a £100 these days , if its two games in a week thats serious wedge for a lot of people whatever our league position .

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
we need to start taking more away from home like 2,000 plus

It would happen if we were doing well,if we were really doing fantastic we would be getting that number,it matters not though,another clean sheet today is a step in the right direction for i though earlier in the week we would be going down by two clear goals at Forest.

Jan 30, 2008
Take a good look at the people going to football now, honestly it isn' t going to get any better, you'll get one or two good turn outs a season but the rest of the time it's a geeky away support IMHO
regards
DR

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
693 to Burton on Tues was great support, 912 to top of the table and pretty much same distance is a bit below par. Maybe a lot thought we'd get battered, hopefully this week has been a turning point...

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
693 to Burton on Tues was great support, 912 to top of the table and pretty much same distance is a bit below par. Maybe a lot thought we'd get battered, hopefully this week has been a turning point...

So 1600 within the sane 10 mile area around 200 miles away within 4 days within home games within 3 days either side. Not bad

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Take a good look at the people going to football now, honestly it isn' t going to get any better, you'll get one or two good turn outs a season but the rest of the time it's a geeky away support IMHO
regards
DR
pretty pink fairy, the fan snob.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Oh and we didn't see any geeky Brighton fans, just committed, loyal supporters who got off their arses to support The Albion.

theboybilly

I've missed one league game this season (Leeds away) and have to do a lot of pleading, calling in favours - stuff like that - to get to games what with me working shifts and weekends. The Carling Cup has had to take a back seat until now but I should make the Tottenham game.
I get free rail travel and use the money saved to stay overnight on a Friday before the game to sample the local ales and hospitality. Forest yesterday cost me nearly £100 including b&b which I think is pretty good but to ask me to do it on two weekends in a Pay Month let alone 4 days apart would cause me to check my piggybank or go down the back of the sofa for loose change

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Just as a footnote to this if you were thinking its just Brighton whos away following shall we say is not like it used to be , Premireship last seasion Cardiff City last night had a little over 400 for a championship game , whereas we took 700 to Burton in a league cup game last week , so its not that bad is it ?

Brighton to Cardiff 197 miles
Brighton to Burton 193 miles

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here