Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many Ex Matelots on here ??

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
f*** sake, are you some sort of cretin ,read bushys post !!!, what a :tosser: you are

If you had read the one I posted...after reading Bushy's post...then you would know that I hadn't realised you were mates, hence my initial reaction towards someone who appeared to be disrespecting a former matelot.

Anyway...enough!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
On Countdown this afternoon, the lovely lexicographer, Susie Dent was talking about the word 'matelot'.

She said it was from the Dutch for 'bed mate'.

Hello sailors!

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Well it seems there are a fair few of us on here, also handy to know we have an Ex Member of The Royal Marine band as well !! LOL

We will have to arrange some sort of mini-reunion sometime at The Amex before a game if anyone fancies it, and Spig 100963 can bring his Triangle !

Pipe down, Jack.

spalding seagull

Oct 28, 2011
Spalding
Hms st.vincent feb 1958
hms ganges
hms mercury
hmscarysfort
hms sea eagle
hms devonshire
rn unit raf tangmere
hms valiant
hms warspite
rn unit gchq cheltenham
hms llandaff
hms plymouth
hms arkroyal
hms swiftsure
hms sovereign
hms sceptre
hms superb
hms torbay
hms warrior (cinc fleet) till discharge 1993

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
On Countdown this afternoon, the lovely lexicographer, Susie Dent was talking about the word 'matelot'.

She said it was from the Dutch for 'bed mate'.

Hello sailors!

Might be to do with "hot bunking". Ask Susie to explain that one!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Smudge, is it true your first draft was in charge of deckchairs on the Senlac ??:lolol:

I didn't get drafted mate, I was sat there minding my own business when someone hit me over the head!
Surely you stard a thread seeing how many Pecry's are on here?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Union Street scrumpy was a killer. Oggie special was my only antidote. Went out with with leader of the Plymouth Argyles firms sister. Face of an angel. Personality of a psychopath. Marvelous times.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Union Street scrumpy was a killer. Oggie special was my only antidote. Went out with with leader of the Plymouth Argyles firms sister. Face of an angel. Personality of a psychopath. Marvelous times.

Wasn't their firm the TCE? (The Central Element).
Used to f***ing LOVE Union Street. Beer Keller, 2 Trees, Boobs, The Tube, The Malthouse, The PR. Did Fearless re-fit there from 87-90. made Pompey look the God-awful run ashore that it is, good for one thing, the M275.
In Guz, the girls actually liked us!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here